TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 rock damage.... How bad?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BlackDell0492, May 28, 2018.

1. BlackDell0492

BlackDell0492 New Member

Was driving, and i heard a loud bang. Seems like the side skirt at the back passenger side is a little loose, and a minor dent. See photos... how bad will this be to get repaired? Not even into the first thousand kilometres and this happened. Please console me during this difficult time. Don't even know what I hit.

2. BlackDell0492

BlackDell0492 New Member

3. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Member

:( Hopefully repair would only depend on how much your insurance charges. Otherwise around here it's usually at least $1000-1500 for anything requiring new paint. That must have been some rock.

4. BlackDell0492

BlackDell0492 New Member

No sensors were triggered, no rattling, and no messages and it drives normal. Just worried about how severe this is to the car and how extensive a repair would be.

5. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

You should check with a little magnet, but I think the area with the dent is made of metal and not aluminium.
    So I imagine that most body shop could pull out the ding. There are several Youtube videos on showing the repair.

6. Jeff4155

Jeff4155 Member

Also look to be in a spot that any good body shop should be able to fix, probably with paintwork if you are lucky

7. Msjulie

Msjulie Member