Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Roof glass rubber seal

Have you bothered with this?

• Yes - it made a perceptible difference

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yes - but I don’t think it made any difference

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No - I don’t think it will change anything

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No - but I’m planning to

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Comedy option

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add, before picking the Model 3 up I’d read here about wind noise so obviously had some concerns.

Come collection day the drive home was 110 miles, much of it on motorway and dual carriageway and at a goodly selection of speeds, low and (cough) high’ish.

Wind noise didn’t raise my eyebrows at all, it was certainly acceptable to me at least. For overall noise levels it seems far more susceptible to road surface more than anything else.

I'd agree with that. This is the first car I've had with 20 inch wheels and I did notice the road surface noise a far bit.

Reactions: Masklin
I'd agree with that. This is the first car I've had with 20 inch wheels and I did notice the road surface noise a far bit.

Even the 18s are susceptible to road noise dependent on the surface. It can be really quiet on one road but certainly noticeable on another. Mine is good on wind noise so without the engine it's the road that you hear. Overall it's pretty quiet so I'm being a bit picky but it's an area that could be improved I would think.

Reactions: Roy W.