Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 roof leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 model 3, only three month old. Noticed the leak after a car wash where I saw water on the back seat and wet passenger side headliner.
Obviously upsetting with such quality control for a 50k+ car. What’s worse, however, is that Tesla refused to cover the cost for retint if they were to replace the roof and backlite glasses for this repair, citing their policy.
Morale of the story, knowing what you getting into when buying a Tesla. Pray you never have to deal with them for services.

I just noticed a bit of wetness in the head liner over the passengers side. Taking it in Monday but I’m nervous because the weather has been balls and I don’t want it to leak more and ruin anything. Any ideas what area this happens to mostly ? And why

I just noticed a bit of wetness in the head liner over the passengers side. Taking it in Monday but I’m nervous because the weather has been balls and I don’t want it to leak more and ruin anything. Any ideas what area this happens to mostly ? And why
Study the roof glass seal. You may be able to figure out where the water is getting in. Not sure what "balls" weather is like, but it doesn't sound like good weather.

Same problem. They had the car for over a week to find a plug missing under the glass that could’ve been quality checked… by taking it through a car wash! They had to take off and put on both pieces of the roof glass before getting it right. Makes me question if they knew what they were doing altogether.

Had the same problem: leak at the headliner caused the edge of the passenger seat (on the passenger side) in the back to get wet. Studied the glass where the two glass pieces meet and squirted a little outdoor clear silicone around the corner of both pieces of glass where it looked like there was a little larger gap underneath. I actually sucked a little of the clear silicone from a caulking tube into a syringe so I could squirt it in the tiny gap where it couldn't be seen: sort of under the glass at the corners.

No leaks after that. It's been close to a year.

Mike

Reactions: GoergeJetson