Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Roof Rack - Farad Pro Square Roof Bars

15Peter20

Oct 26, 2020
Norfolk
T

Thanks. I might pony up for the Farad racks and see how they go. I can always remove them for long journeys. My biggest fear is cracking the roof…
It is an unnerving process fitting the hooks under the glass, to say the least……..

The bars don’t come with written instructions either, only horrible pictograms which I detest. Be patient: the hooks will slide in with minimal resistance even though it seems impossible at first. I added some thick tape to the metal part of the roof just outside of the hooks: the hooks are plastic coated but I added protective tape to belt and braces it.

I fitted mine during the England semi final. The cheers and groans coming from the nearest pub garden seemed to exactly match my progress and mood as I fitted them for the first time……

It‘s a 5-10 minute process to remove or refit them after the first time.

I ended up ordering the Farad bike carriers too. They should be here next week so hopefully I can report positive vibes about them.

Reactions: intactradio

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC