Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Roof replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Last year i had a rock chip the fron section of my roof. I had Tesla replace it with genuine Tesla glass. After a couple of months i realized that the new roof panel no longer has the IR coating on it (doesn't turn orange with water anymore). Very disappointing that I couldn't get the original glass, especually considering how much Tesla charges for that piece of glass.

I just got a rock chip in the front roof panel on a road trip a few days ago. Going to have to replace it ($1,100 total, fully paid by insurance, thankfully). Disappointed it won't have the orange tint anymore in the rain. It was somewhat unique and was a good conversation starter several times.

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up
Wow! Three of us in one thread had a rock crack our roof? When they replaced the glass here in SF Bay Area I got black glass instead of the orangey glass I had. Disappointed.

Now my glass has cracked again (stupid roof rack) and I wanna get back to the original orangey glass. Anyone know where to get that style? It must have a part number