TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Route Selection Mode?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by WindyCity, Jul 13, 2018.

1. WindyCity

WindyCity Member

My wife just picked up her M3 and loves it. One issue that's come up is the apparent absence in the nav system of a way to set route preferences. She doesn't like to take expressways unless she absolutely has to. Yet it seems that the system always lays out the fastest route possible, accounting for traffic delays. Is there a way to set the system to prefer side roads only? Thanks.

• Like x 1
  2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

I do not believe so. But you can check the options by hitting the gear icon (Settings) when on the map panel. You may have to touch the left side for the icons to appear.

3. lairdb

lairdb Member

In case this turns into a feature suggestion: I'd also like "alternate routes" -- I like this feature in Waze, where two alternate routes (along with ETA, distance and duration) are one click away.

• Like x 1
  4. Chris350

Chris350 Member

I have to agree that Tesla has a long way to go with this mapping and navigation software.... Alt Routes and adding to option to also add additional stops to an existing trip are a must.... I hating using 2 sets of mapping software during my trips...