Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD Monroney Sticker?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RWD delivered in late March in FL.
11C939BB-0786-432C-9C87-56708567CD6F.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
@voxel any chance you can share the additional vehicle information screen from in the car that shows the battery type as well?
From what I understand, all 2022 Model 3 RWD in the US come with the LFP main battery with the EPA ratings shown on the Monroney sticker shown above. Tesla does not advertise battery capacity, but it is generally regarded as around 60 kWh (compared to around 55 kWh in previous years' SR+ cars).

LFP battery cars will have only one setting for the charge target, versus separate daily and trip charge targets for NCA battery cars.

From what I understand, all 2022 Model 3 RWD in the US come with the LFP main battery with the EPA ratings shown on the Monroney sticker shown above. Tesla does not advertise battery capacity, but it is generally regarded as around 60 kWh (compared to around 55 kWh in previous years' SR+ cars).

LFP battery cars will have only one setting for the charge target, versus separate daily and trip charge targets for NCA battery cars.
Yep, I agree, I was just trying to gather proof that the 2022 Model 3 RWD is using a LFP pack, since I have someone that is insistent that they aren't using many, if any, LFP packs in Fremont production even for the RWD.

And then they say that even if it is a LFP pack that it is a US made pack, not using Chinese cells. Which I am sure is not the case. (The Monroney sticker above shows that the RWD has 25% less US/Canadian parts in it that the LR, which is all likely because of the LFP pack.)

The sticker says "Battery Final Assembly Point: Fremont, CA, USA" which is probably causing the confusion. The LFP cells are from CATL in China (most likely Shanghai) and are assembled into a pack in Fremont. The pack is Tesla's own design. I don't know of ANY LFP cell factory in USA. See:

Yep, I agree, I was just trying to gather proof that the 2022 Model 3 RWD is using a LFP pack, since I have someone that is insistent that they aren't using many, if any, LFP packs in Fremont production even for the RWD.

And then they say that even if it is a LFP pack that it is a US made pack, not using Chinese cells. Which I am sure is not the case. (The Monroney sticker above shows that the RWD has 25% less US/Canadian parts in it that the LR, which is all likely because of the LFP pack.)
I traded my 3 RWD but it was 100% LFP because there was no daily/trip charging limits. It also had 15V li-ion and AMD. It remains the most efficient EV I’ve owned. 220 Wh/mile on average (with 60-70% highway driving) with 4.2 mi/kWh on 75-80mph trips.