Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mixing up 0-60 mph with 0-100 kmh

SR+ was quoted by Tesla as 5.3 to 60mph and 5.6 to 100kmh prior to a slight power increase by software in late 2019. Despite that change the figures were never officially revised from those original numbers until the LFP RWD Model 3 was announced.
Don't know the exact details but could the higher power in RWD over SR+ but slower 0-60 be based on the new RWD using LFP which is less energy dense, therefore to achieve 60kwh weighs more? Just my (un)educated guess

Anyone else not able to login and see their (yet to be delivered) car? Im sure its a temp fault, but I can see my existing car but when I click 'Manage' on the new one with a RN number I get a browser error.. wonder if something changing? I have a collection date but no 'official' VIN or reg or final invoice.

Don't know the exact details but could the higher power in RWD over SR+ but slower 0-60 be based on the new RWD using LFP which is less energy dense, therefore to achieve 60kwh weighs more? Just my (un)educated guess
I thought I also read somewhere that the LFP pack is a lower voltage to the NCA packs so I guess the same motor would be less powerful because of the lower voltage. Can't remember where I read it and it might a load of rubbish.

No because there were some unicorn cars during the cut over that kept the better performance whilst having the larger battery (and the previous SR+ was also LFP anyway, unless the other power figure refers to 2 generations back).

Last edited:
I’ve just sorted my insurance and jumped up a few hundred quid from the original quote to now when I’ve been able to give them a reg. - This was Churchill but the original quote without reg was done through compare the market.
I had a similar experience today - Churchill through compare the market. They honoured the price when I called up with my reg. £690 - I'm happy with that as last week I was getting £1000-1700. Car comes tomorrow - super excited. Hope the 11 months wait has been worth it 🤣

• Love
Reactions: AndyWW
Got to sort out insurance now. I’ve had quotes that make it the same as my current Merc C250.
Is there a preferred insurance company for Tesla??
Thanks
This is what I posted earlier today if it helps

Back to insurance again.......for your info and worth a punt......yesterday I got a quote for comprehensive plus off Direct Line for £475. via their website. Today, i used the link sent in a tesla text, which took me to Direct Line. Same quote, but this time only £385.........£90 cheaper but the same company 👍 🙃

I had a similar experience today - Churchill through compare the market. They honoured the price when I called up with my reg. £690 - I'm happy with that as last week I was getting £1000-1700. Car comes tomorrow - super excited. Hope the 11 months wait has been worth it 🤣
I’m happy just to pay it now (almost begrudgingly), anything just to get the car now, same boat as you, it’s been a long and often bumpy ride 🤣🤣

Reactions: Zwolf