Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to seeing all these shiny new Tesla’s in here from today onwards!

I could have collected today but went with 10am tomorrow. Bluewater collection… hoping it won’t be too busy but will try get there a bit earlier to speed the process up!
2.5 hours until the start of my 4 hour delivery window. Hoping it turns up whilst it's light, especially as it's such a beautiful day.

Will post pictures later - I remember how the sight of pictures in the feed were like a mirage during the 8 month wait.

I broke it to my wife yesterday that it won't have parking sensors, and the look she gave me was incredulous. I blushed, like it was my fault! 🫢😁

Mine's come. It's perfect- no issues with it. I am an idiot though and in the excitement I slightly nicked it off the curb and there's a tiny mark. I'm sure I can touch it up 🤣
No USS- it is a bit annoying I won't lie. Still calibrating the cameras as I haven't drove it for long enough yet- supposed to be working! Just whacked it on charge round at the local free 22kw chargers whilst I had a coffee. It came with 42% battery. But overall it really is perfect.

Car turned up about 45 mins before the estimated window start, which was good. The tracking was like the ship tracking in microcosm (but mercifully quicker). All looks good so far 😃 6 miles on the clock and 45% battery.
IMG_20221125_145937.jpg

IMG_20221125_150201.jpg

Delivery tomorrow in London for me! Took the first slot in the morning as couldn’t wait any longer lol regarding the missing USS and the use of Tesla vision for parking and in general whenever we get close to something, when is it gonna be active from? I heard Tesla Vision for Parking is temporarily disabled as the software is still a work in progress.. I mean, that’s not ideal, but does anyone know when the parking assist and distance showing on the display will be re-activated?

Reactions: Astrape
Delivery tomorrow in London for me! Took the first slot in the morning as couldn’t wait any longer lol regarding the missing USS and the use of Tesla vision for parking and in general whenever we get close to something, when is it gonna be active from? I heard Tesla Vision for Parking is temporarily disabled as the software is still a work in progress.. I mean, that’s not ideal, but does anyone know when the parking assist and distance showing on the display will be re-activated?
That's the million dollar question. Soon hopefully.

The cameras are pretty good (in daylight at least), and I was testing parking close to things today just using the cameras. Hadn't realised quite how unconsciously I previously paid attention to parking sensor sounds when parking.

I know it sounds silly, but gauging proximity using just cameras (in silence) feels a little too virtual. First world problem, I know, but somehow requires a different level of concentration.

Collected my car today, not impressed with the paint tbh - few scratches by the drivers door handle but most of the car has tiny swirls on and the bonnet looks particularly bad! I'm sure it left the factory perfect I think it's just whoever washed it before collection has done a really bad job.

Missus thinks I'm being particularl but a nearly 50k should be better than that. Got a service appointment booked for it so will see what they say, imo most/if not all of the car needs a machine polish to correct it.

Other than that I don't have any complaints, build quality feels great, no gaps or anything that I could see. Did about 200 miles in it today (went to Harry Potter studios straight from NEC) and the car was a dream to drive! AP and auto high beam played ball and the superchargers are really impressive!

Hi All, Sorry, another question on insurance. As my car isn’t registered yet I’m struggling to find a company who quotes for the ‘RWD’ model! I phoned DL and they said to select the SR+ but Churchill said I would need confirmation from Tesla that the car is ‘described’ as a SR model otherwise the car may not be insured.

I’m confused! Anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All, Sorry, another question on insurance. As my car isn’t registered yet I’m struggling to find a company who quotes for the ‘RWD’ model! I phoned DL and they said to select the SR+ but Churchill said I would need confirmation from Tesla that the car is ‘described’ as a SR model otherwise the car may not be insured.

I’m confused! Anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

RWD 302