Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is currently Nov 18 - Dec 4, but I’m seriously considering either cancelling, or deferring the order to see the effect of the removal of parking sensors. Any others feeling the same?

I’ve always been a Tesla AI cynic - I ordered on the basis of the car itself being the best option for me (and a great car) without any of the AI-driven functionality. Removing standard modern car hardware with the intention of replacing it with an AI driven solution feels like a bridge too far for me. At best, I need to see it working before committing. At worst, it’s a deal breaker.

My EDD is currently Nov 18 - Dec 4, but I’m seriously considering either cancelling, or deferring the order to see the effect of the removal of parking sensors. Any others feeling the same?

I’ve always been a Tesla AI cynic - I ordered on the basis of the car itself being the best option for me (and a great car) without any of the AI-driven functionality. Removing standard modern car hardware with the intention of replacing it with an AI driven solution feels like a bridge too far for me. At best, I need to see it working before committing. At worst, it’s a deal breaker.
Since my wife wrote my Land Rover off with reverse cameras. I’ve been living since my January order with a Honda Civic with only sensors.
I can’t wait to get cameras back on board. And yes I cleaned it a few times. But personally if I had to choice between them. I’d choose cameras

I really wouldn’t. I know it sounds a bit worrying removing the sensors but Tesla know what they’re doing. I trust them to have the tech in place to remove the sensors

Reactions: Millenium101
For those of us patiently waiting I thought i would share a cool little YouTube video of a chap making his model 3 into KITT!! Its pretty good although he really needed a black one!!
enjoy.
Yes, i've really enjoyed watching his series on the KITT modifications he's made - a nice distraction during the long wait.

I'm planning to try to emulate with my long awaited black M3, though without drilling holes, as it's a company lease.

My wife thinks I'm mad, and I can't argue against that.

Reactions: BongoFury
I really wouldn’t. I know it sounds a bit worrying removing the sensors but Tesla know what they’re doing. I trust them to have the tech in place to remove the sensors
Yeah it wasn't enough to be a deal breaker for me, I've lived without parking assist before and I'll do it again if I need to. I can't deny that it's poor for the price we pay though, they should have at least had the software in place before making the hardware change.