Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received the text today, delivery on 24 Nov (MSM, Black interior, Aeros, ordered 7 March via Tusker). As it happens I'm flying out that day for 2 weeks but no chance that I will reschedule, so a family member will accept delivery and enjoy it while I'm away. Good luck to all, especially those with similarly 8month+ since ordering - the wait is nearly over!

Finally received the text today, delivery on 24 Nov (MSM, Black interior, Aeros, ordered 7 March via Tusker). As it happens I'm flying out that day for 2 weeks but no chance that I will reschedule, so a family member will accept delivery and enjoy it while I'm away. Good luck to all, especially those with similarly 8month+ since ordering - the wait is nearly over!
Did you receive any form of communication before being notified about the delivery?

I ordered that spec in March 22 with a same EDD 🤣
I o
Seems like many here have waited a long time for the M3.

If I order a base M3 RWD, white aero, the website says Jan - Mar 23. Any chance that's real?
I ordered on the 27th October 2022 with the above estimate on the website (M3 RWD, Black, aero) and have already have EDD of 7-23 December! Think I got lucky (No hidden VIN yet though)

I don’t think many of us need to check for a hidden vin anymore as it’s likely we will get the prompt to accept the removal of USS and that will likely be when we are soft matched to a vehicle and have a hidden vin 👍

It’ll save me obsessively checking the page source at least.

Reactions: Adyer
Never received a hidden VIN - don't think that's possible for lease cars (?)

Had the email from Tusker to say they'd authorised Tesla to arrange delivery with me on 12th July, if that's what you mean?

12th July for authorisation for delivery? Sounds like my lease company have been caught napping. Tesla told me at the weekend I had a VIN assigned and that the lease company still needed to authorise before proceeding any further.

12th July for authorisation for delivery? Sounds like my lease company have been caught napping. Tesla told me at the weekend I had a VIN assigned and that the lease company still needed to authorise before proceeding any further.
Yes, sounds like it.

Presumably a quick and easy thing for the lease company to do now to resolve it. You would think the lease company's system would flag if something like that hadn't been done, especially if an update from Tesla to them makes clear things are imminent.

Assume you've chased the lease company?

Glad you folks who ordered so much earlier are finally getting some good news. Usually the delivery scheduling and VIN confirmation happens near the Suez canal right so wonder if your vehicles are on Glovis Summit.

I'm just reaching for hope I might get a Q4 delivery as my current least ends Dec 6th

*inhales copium*
My current lease ended in June! I'm conflicted really - want the new M3, but quite happy to be driving my current 2020 M3 at a much lower cost compared to the new one. Lease company just leave us in current vehicle and existing rate until new one arrives. I ordered standard M3 RWD in mid Feb

Reactions: Danzr
Well, after getting sick of waiting for a Zenith lease ordered M3 RWD white, black interior, standard wheels - order placed mid Feb - I tried Tesla chat. Eventually they found my order (I didn't have the RN No??) And confirmed a car has been allocated and I'll be contacted in due course. She estimated delivery to be early December. Thought I might have sneaked a collection at end of Nov along with everyone else.......

Reactions: M3UK and Falcon22
Well, after getting sick of waiting for a Zenith lease ordered M3 RWD white, black interior, standard wheels - order placed mid Feb - I tried Tesla chat. Eventually they found my order (I didn't have the RN No??) And confirmed a car has been allocated and I'll be contacted in due course. She estimated delivery to be early December. Thought I might have sneaked a collection at end of Nov along with everyone else.......
I just did the same thing (i ordered through Octopus) the chat lady said that I was down for December 22 and had been soft-matched for a car. Ordered in late May 22. Black, Black, aeros.

Just spoke to a TA on chat… estimated delivery is December but they can see that I have a VIN allocated :)
Apparently order is still pending as lease company must have some bits to complete the order.
Figure it’s odd to have a VIN allocated and a December delivery date tho?

M3 black,black,19” ordered end of March

Reactions: Millenium101
Just spoke to a TA on chat… estimated delivery is December but they can see that I have a VIN allocated :)
Apparently order is still pending as lease company must have some bits to complete the order.
Figure it’s odd to have a VIN allocated and a December delivery date tho?

M3 black,black,19” ordered end of March

Could be the 1st of December mind! Are you getting delivered?

Yes, sounds like it.

Presumably a quick and easy thing for the lease company to do now to resolve it. You would think the lease company's system would flag if something like that hadn't been done, especially if an update from Tesla to them makes clear things are imminent.

Assume you've chased the lease company?

Oh I've chased alright! Haha. Concerned they will not act quick enough to sort everything within 7 days (or 5 working days).

Reactions: SirLavaine