Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks just ordered the console trays

As someone who has the car already… anything else you think is a must buy?
Only things I have bought are tyre plug kit (as there is no spare), console tray (Amazon) and taptes all weather floor mats.

Haven't really had the need for anything else - there are a huge range of tempting accessories (screen protectors, PPF, etc) but I only bought essentials until I got the car to see if I felt like I needed them (which I currently don't)

The taptes mats are excellent quality and well worth it - but any good all-weather mat will be a good upgrade from the carpet ones over winter.

The only additional thing I'm looking at getting are some turbine aero covers (18") as they cover the edge of the rims and will prevent SWMBO from scraping them against any curbs..

For those with collection date, do you know when Tesla would inform us of the license plate for insurance? I'm with Admiral, and they can't quote on VIN.
They will let you know vin about a week before delivery (by confirmation of collection time call and text), however the reg won't be live on the system until it arrives off the ship (or a few days later when DVLA updates)

You can do a quote without plate number or vin, just by manually entering details of the car. Then when you receive the reg, update your quote with it. This will allow you to get a better price by looking at insurance about 20 days in advance :)

I have a VIN this morning so @M3UK (assuming not a reallocation) it could be the Morning Cello (have referred that to Mr M for his view) and yours could be too. Fingers Crossed for you

Interestingly the "Check if you have a vin" link on TeslaUpdate | Linktree did not find it. The Tesla Vin Finder chrome addon did work and looking for LRW in page source (CTRL-U) works too.

Last edited: