Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any restrictions to when you can cancel an order?

I have a collection booked for the 1st, but may have to cancel before that. 😳
Check your order agreement but I found this online
  • The order agreement (which you receive straight after you order) clearly states on page 4 that under the UK's distance selling regulations you can cancel your order and receive reimbursement of any amounts you've paid. You need to notify up to 14 days after delivery or after your vehicle is made available to collect.
    • This would include the £100 order fee - there's zero ambiguity if you cancel before you've even received the vehicle

Reactions: Alan C
Talk to Tesla. if you’ve got a hidden vin the vehicle is assigned to you and presumably on a ship.

I have multiple times. Just get very generic responses saying I should receive a delivery text in the coming days. That was Monday this week. Since then Tesla have just said you will receive a delivery text "shortly" or "soon". Tesla said this week they couldn't even say I had a car assigned, then another advisor said I did have a car assigned and they estimate "early December" for delivery. Just no clarity in anything Tesla say.

Reactions: Millenium101
Hmm...saw there's a Model 3 in the exact spec as I've ordered on the website as available inventory...is there any reason why they can't just give me that one? I've asked the local Tesla garage. Can't see a reason why they wouldn't?

Hmm...saw there's a Model 3 in the exact spec as I've ordered on the website as available inventory...is there any reason why they can't just give me that one? I've asked the local Tesla garage. Can't see a reason why they wouldn't?
You can have it if you're willing to pay the new price

Edit - just noticed its a salary sacrifice lease, so probably not.

I have multiple times. Just get very generic responses saying I should receive a delivery text in the coming days. That was Monday this week. Since then Tesla have just said you will receive a delivery text "shortly" or "soon". Tesla said this week they couldn't even say I had a car assigned, then another advisor said I did have a car assigned and they estimate "early December" for delivery. Just no clarity in anything Tesla say.
There are 5 suspected ships carrying Tesla vehicles on the way to Southampton.

If you have a hidden VIN I think you can assume your EDD now a realistic window for delivery, which I expect is early-mid December for you?

If your car is on Morning Cello or Glovis Safety delivery texts have not yet been sent for these and won't until they are nearer the Suez.

With it being a lease order there might be other stuff happening in the background between Tesla and the lease company.

Relax, I have the same thing happening. It will happen in December

Reactions: LoneRanger
They seem to have decided that cancellations this quarter are going to be put up as new sale stock. In the past they have used them to shuffle the queue, but it seems they feel they are headed for clearing the backlog and would rather take new orders for them.

They seem to have decided that cancellations this quarter are going to be put up as new sale stock. In the past they have used them to shuffle the queue, but it seems they feel they are headed for clearing the backlog and would rather take new orders for them.

They’ve been doing this as far back as January this year

Shortly after I ordered there was multiple cars matching the EXACT spec I ordered, but would refuse to match the car unless I paid an extra £1500ish

• Informative
Reactions: Astrape
I'm getting an M3 lease car and Tesla chat said two Mondays ago that I'd been allocated and would get a txt soon. Didn't get anything until this Wednesday when I got a txt from Tesla confirming delivery on 5 December. This is for a lease order placed in February. It will happen

Reactions: Astrape and M3UK
There are 5 suspected ships carrying Tesla vehicles on the way to Southampton.

If you have a hidden VIN I think you can assume your EDD now a realistic window for delivery, which I expect is early-mid December for you?

If your car is on Morning Cello or Glovis Safety delivery texts have not yet been sent for these and won't until they are nearer the Suez.

With it being a lease order there might be other stuff happening in the background between Tesla and the lease company.

Thanks. Although not certain, my hidden VIN was available at the same time as others who appear to have early December delivery confirmed already
I'm getting an M3 lease car and Tesla chat said two Mondays ago that I'd been allocated and would get a txt soon. Didn't get anything until this Wednesday when I got a txt from Tesla confirming delivery on 5 December. This is for a lease order placed in February. It will happen

Sounds like me. Although I received a hidden VIN three Saturday's ago now and I'm still waiting...

So... its all going rather fast here. I am just over 3 years into a 4 year PCP on a SR+ which has been plagued with issues (not exaggerating). I put £200 down 2 weeks ago for Jan - Mar 23 delivery of a base white aero RWD black interior. I hoped to actually get it within 6 months based on reports on this forum. The EDD moved to Dec, now 2nd - 17th and I have a hidden VIN for a 2023 model car. Wow. Some people on here have waited months! This is way faster than anticipated and does slightly affect my maths - hence below is important - can anyone help with the 2 main questions below?

So... Telsa still havent confirmed my trade in - I sent the photos within 7 days, but its been 1 week of 'Trade in Valuation in progress'. Also, the person in the service center said that Tesla would take care of the existing Telsa PCP (Black Horse) - i.e. pay the balance, remaining instalments and cover the deposit on the new one... is that likely true? Or will I need to cover the deposit at least and then wait for a payment back from Tesla post trade in?

Also, my assumption now is that the value of my SR+ will drop a steady amount each month... so getting the car 3/6 months early does now change my maths - i.e I assumed I would have paid off more of my monthly instalments... which means now the maths is likely slightly worse for me unless the car will depreciate more than £400 pm... any thoughts? If its broadly inline with the payments I can take a small hit - I guess a SR+ could drop £300 - £400 per month. Am I about right?

Thanks all!

Collection day is looming, well closer than yesterday :)

What are the essential settings to change/set up before getting moving and heading home
Set up your phone key(s)

Check your autopilot settings and enable auto steer etc if desired.

The rest are preference in terms of chill acceleration and hold mode.

I’ll probably spend 15 minutes checking all the settings before I head off!

So... its all going rather fast here.
Not sure of your finances and what works best for you, but just to say if accepting the car later works out to be a better financial position for you, you can put a delay on the car. They will temporarily remove you from the matching process (but you should keep your position in queue) in case you wish to do this. Obviously that will mean getting your new RWD later..!

Don't have a crystal ball for what value the SR+ will change to.. as far as deposit goes, if you trade in a car that covers the deposit and some, Tesla don't expect you to pay any of it. Hopefully the same holds true for your situation - I would ask in the general delivery or leasing thread to get an answer!

It's odd they haven't listed a valuation - most happen within a few hours. Maybe online chat and ask?