Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set up your phone key(s)

Check your autopilot settings and enable auto steer etc if desired.

The rest are preference in terms of chill acceleration and hold mode.

I’ll probably spend 15 minutes checking all the settings before I head off!
The phone key bit might have to be done later, I am sure I have read that lease orders normally take a while for vehicle to show on app?

Definitely didn't spend about 30 minutes changing all the settings after checking the car 😂

+1 for changing to hold. Makes driving so much easier

For when it offers you to set up your online Tesla profile (to keep your settings in cloud / between cars) in the car.. make sure you copy the settings from your in-car profile you've spent time setting up. It's a one time prompt, so when you get excited and click add, and subsequently spend 20 minutes figuring out where your seat was..

Reactions: Danzr
Th
Set up your phone key(s)

Check your autopilot settings and enable auto steer etc if desired.

The rest are preference in terms of chill acceleration and hold mode.

E new car needs to calibrate it's sensors and cameras before any of the TACC or Autosteer can be used. Takes about 20 minutes of driving. When I got my first M3, bearing in mind I'd never driven one before (2020 and COVID prevented test drives), I just took the first drive home getting used to it, with no fiddling in settings

Th

E new car needs to calibrate it's sensors and cameras before any of the TACC or Autosteer can be used. Takes about 20 minutes of driving. When I got my first M3, bearing in mind I'd never driven one before (2020 and COVID prevented test drives), I just took the first drive home getting used to it, with no fiddling in settings
True but these settings still default to off iirc and it might be something they wish to use once calibrated.

I’d say it’s worth spending time in the settings and with the manual ideally. A lot easier to get used to something if you know what to expect.

Reactions: Millenium101
True but these settings still default to off iirc and it might be something they wish to use once calibrated.

I’d say it’s worth spending time in the settings and with the manual ideally. A lot easier to get used to something if you know what to expect.
Yes, I'd read the manual online before I went to get the car. Also "touchless collection" in 2020 meant the Tesla lady ripping off the edge of the plastic packet that the key cards were in and holding it at arm's length, for me to reach in and take them out. Followed by "the car's over there, have a look around and let me know when you're setting off". Don't expect anyone to talk you through any controls, accessories, etc - you're on your own.....

So... its all going rather fast here. I am just over 3 years into a 4 year PCP on a SR+ which has been plagued with issues (not exaggerating). I put £200 down 2 weeks ago for Jan - Mar 23 delivery of a base white aero RWD black interior. I hoped to actually get it within 6 months based on reports on this forum. The EDD moved to Dec, now 2nd - 17th and I have a hidden VIN for a 2023 model car. Wow. Some people on here have waited months! This is way faster than anticipated and does slightly affect my maths - hence below is important - can anyone help with the 2 main questions below?

So... Telsa still havent confirmed my trade in - I sent the photos within 7 days, but its been 1 week of 'Trade in Valuation in progress'. Also, the person in the service center said that Tesla would take care of the existing Telsa PCP (Black Horse) - i.e. pay the balance, remaining instalments and cover the deposit on the new one... is that likely true? Or will I need to cover the deposit at least and then wait for a payment back from Tesla post trade in?

Also, my assumption now is that the value of my SR+ will drop a steady amount each month... so getting the car 3/6 months early does now change my maths - i.e I assumed I would have paid off more of my monthly instalments... which means now the maths is likely slightly worse for me unless the car will depreciate more than £400 pm... any thoughts? If its broadly inline with the payments I can take a small hit - I guess a SR+ could drop £300 - £400 per month. Am I about right?

Thanks all!
They don't tend to give you a trade in value until they have assigned you a car or know you have a delivery date as it's only valid for month. So if they value it now, but your car isn't going to be delivered untill 20th Jan. They will need to do another valuation nearer the time. So they just wait now.

In terms of Tesla and PCP. Yes they will sort it out. If the blue of the trade in is let's say 40k. And your remaining balance including balloon payment is 20k. Tesla will clear your PCP liabity and deduct your deposit from the 20k. And return the rest to you. So if you putting a 10k down payment for a new PCP. You currently have 20k left on the car and the car is worth 40k.

Then you should get 10k back. If that makes sense.

Reactions: M3UK
So... its all going rather fast here. I am just over 3 years into a 4 year PCP on a SR+ which has been plagued with issues (not exaggerating). I put £200 down 2 weeks ago for Jan - Mar 23 delivery of a base white aero RWD black interior. I hoped to actually get it within 6 months based on reports on this forum. The EDD moved to Dec, now 2nd - 17th and I have a hidden VIN for a 2023 model car. Wow. Some people on here have waited months! This is way faster than anticipated and does slightly affect my maths - hence below is important - can anyone help with the 2 main questions below?

So... Telsa still havent confirmed my trade in - I sent the photos within 7 days, but its been 1 week of 'Trade in Valuation in progress'. Also, the person in the service center said that Tesla would take care of the existing Telsa PCP (Black Horse) - i.e. pay the balance, remaining instalments and cover the deposit on the new one... is that likely true? Or will I need to cover the deposit at least and then wait for a payment back from Tesla post trade in?

Also, my assumption now is that the value of my SR+ will drop a steady amount each month... so getting the car 3/6 months early does now change my maths - i.e I assumed I would have paid off more of my monthly instalments... which means now the maths is likely slightly worse for me unless the car will depreciate more than £400 pm... any thoughts? If its broadly inline with the payments I can take a small hit - I guess a SR+ could drop £300 - £400 per month. Am I about right?

Thanks all!
The tradein values Tesla have been offering have fallen recently. No doubt due to the reduced demand, and increased output from the factories. Whether that realignment is finished or not is uncertain. But demand will continue to soften as folk tighten their belts, interest rates rise etc. Tesla output is rising and China demand is falling, and low cost electric car alternatives are arriving. Tesla demand is still strong in wealthy western economies. For the UK though I would take a pessimistic view on second values over the next six months. They may well fall further. More than £400/month? Hard to say, but maybe. If it was me I would take the hit now, because you are then in a known scenario.

Does anyone know what the delivery process is with Lex? Tesla have confirmed a Vin allocation to the order. But I have had nothing from Lex or Tesla re delivery. Do Lex collect and then deliver to me, or will I have to book a delivery slot and collect from Tesla?

Does anyone know what the delivery process is with Lex? Tesla have confirmed a Vin allocation to the order. But I have had nothing from Lex or Tesla re delivery. Do Lex collect and then deliver to me, or will I have to book a delivery slot and collect from Tesla?
Tesla will be in contact with you via text to tell you when then will be delivering, on my text there was no choice, just it will be delivered on this day. I however agreed to this then went on chat and changed to collection for the same day as the collection point is only 10 minutes from me.

I've had a text with:

Tesla Action Required - You've chosen your payment method as cash for your Model 3. If you plan to use another payment method, such as third-party lending, please ask your lender to send your invoice request to [email protected]. We require payment 7 days in advance of your collection. Failure to do so will result in a delay to your collection.

Still no collection date yet though....

Last edited:
Hmm...saw there's a Model 3 in the exact spec as I've ordered on the website as available inventory...is there any reason why they can't just give me that one? I've asked the local Tesla garage. Can't see a reason why they wouldn't?
Also if anyone is interested...this isn't an option. Apparently the cars for inventory aren't even in the UK yet and are still on a boat somewhere so nothing to be gained by transferring everything to an inventory order.