Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD range difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently ordered Model 3 RWD and I wondered if anyone could help me answer a question re: range. I noticed that UK models display different range to US.
RWD 18" aero wheels - 317 miles
RWD 19" sport wheels - 305 miles
Whereas LR are as following
LR 18" aero wheel - 375
LR 19" sport wheels - 360

Am I right in thinking that because I will be be able to charge RWD model to 100% (lfp battery) the difference in range (for every day use) will be pretty similar to LR model (if you charge to 80% most days)?
I will be using the car to commute mostly (30 miles round trip) and short distances and occasionally for longer trips. I'm still unsure if I made a right decision about going for RWD. I know about other benefits of LR (acceleration, sound system etc) but from only "range" point of view I do not really see that much difference in range for every day use if I charge RWD to 100%. Am I right ?

Well, you don't need the range day to day.
When you road trip, you charge any car to 100% if you need it.
So the LR gives you range when you need it...
Is there a supercharging speed difference?
Certainly a bigger battery will nearly always charge faster when you factor in the taper.
Doesn't mean the RWD is the wrong choice.
I got a 70D when then the 85 was $10k more. I have 100k miles on it and am happy to have not spent the $10k. We did get a 3-LR,RWD back in 2019 that we use for all longer road trips now. So that is part of the reason. Was the extra range worth $5k back in 2015 - absolutely - just not $10k for me.

Upvote 0