Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD used price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I might ask for your collective views on a fair price for me to expect for my M3 RWD. I have just ordered a MY RWD and will need to sell or exchange the M3 in December. Registered new on 10 Mar 22, Black inside and out with Aero wheels and has EAP, currently has 2,500 miles at 5.5 months old so I expect this to be around 4k miles by say December when the MY arrives (fingers crossed) and the M3 will be 9 months old. No extras, no dents, just a scraped rear left rim (Aero is OK).
I paid £47.5k and Tesla have offered £45.6k trade-in (no photos sent - just the initial valuation). Same car today is £53k new. I had hoped that I would get a trade-in price nearer to what I paid, maybe even £48k! Am I being unreasonable, should I accept that £2k depreciation is really pretty good? If it were a BMW ICE then losing £5k (10%) in the first 6 months would be normal, so against that a £2k hit is really very good. But with the Tesla price rises, I just don't know what I should expect. TIA.

Thought I might ask for your collective views on a fair price for me to expect for my M3 RWD. I have just ordered a MY RWD and will need to sell or exchange the M3 in December. Registered new on 10 Mar 22, Black inside and out with Aero wheels and has EAP, currently has 2,500 miles at 5.5 months old so I expect this to be around 4k miles by say December when the MY arrives (fingers crossed) and the M3 will be 9 months old. No extras, no dents, just a scraped rear left rim (Aero is OK).
I paid £47.5k and Tesla have offered £45.6k trade-in (no photos sent - just the initial valuation). Same car today is £53k new. I had hoped that I would get a trade-in price nearer to what I paid, maybe even £48k! Am I being unreasonable, should I accept that £2k depreciation is really pretty good? If it were a BMW ICE then losing £5k (10%) in the first 6 months would be normal, so against that a £2k hit is really very good. But with the Tesla price rises, I just don't know what I should expect. TIA.
Try other Vendors We Buy Any Car, Motorway etc. You should pretty much get your money back and maybe a little more, used car prices are nuts at the moment.

Reactions: Terry F
I’m surprised you’ve had a trade in offer already? I thought they were only offering them 30days prior to delivery?

I only got a trade in valuation from Tesla 30 days before delivery and I had to accept it within 7 days. It’s less than WBAC but I’ve accepted it because of convenience and the oft repeated statement that WBAC always knock their quote down when they see the car. Seems Tesla trade in values have dropped over recent months - it’s not clear why they should offer high prices when they can sell all the new cars they can deliver - unless it’s because they can and the less they pay the more profit there is on resale.