TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 sales in Canada for May and June

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jeffmori7, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Jeffmori7

Jeffmori7 Member

Hi guys, happy to join this board. Long time reader, first post :)

I was wondering, with everyone receiving their cars, and watching the delivery process, what is everyone guesstimates for Tesla Model 3 deliveries in Canada for both May and June? According to what you have seen in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, could we extrapolate some intelligent predictions?

Thansk!

2. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Anywhere up to 30k? Ontario is rushed with the PC win.

3. yyzbig6

yyzbig6 Member

Not many in May.
    No way 30k. They are doing 250/day at International Centre. 4x7x250 is roughly 7000 for June plus a handful at store locations and a couple of days in May, so my guess is 7500.

And these cars were produced in April/May at a rate of less than 3500

4. Jeffmori7

Jeffmori7 Member

Is the International Center really opened 7days/week for the entire month?

For Montréal I heard they plan about 450 deliveries in June, what about Vancouver?

5. 23.skidoo

23.skidoo Member

I was told by one of the Tesla staff at the PNE that Vancouver will have over 500 Model 3 deliveries in first two weeks of June.

• Informative x 1
  6. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

They told me at International Centre it was 2000 cars

7. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Good point, I didn't consider the post title, was thinking the entire year.
    Come July, there'll be way less deliveries, so lets all enjoy our cars while we have them :)

8. Jeffmori7

Jeffmori7 Member

Ok, I will guess around 200-300 for May, and between 3000-3500 for June :)

9. Gargantuar

Gargantuar Member

I'm keeping an eye on the Vancouver PNE parking lot, my wild guess is they deliver around 30-40 per day (the count on the lot fluctuated from 120 to about 180, back to 90 today). 500 sounds about right unless trucks keep coming in.

Someone mentioned deliveries in Ontario slowed to less than 50 a day. Hopefully the total amount is more than 3000 - that is a lot of (premium) cars for a month in Ontario.

10. imjd

imjd Member

11. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

I would bet around 10k deliveries for Canada between May and June.

~220 cars per day at International Centre, and I do believe its 6 days a week (no sundays) = around 5k Cars just for Toronto, probably another 2k for Vancouver and another 2k for Montreal, and maybe 1k spread across as buffer + May

12. Koflach

Koflach Member

since the beginning of the month about 250 cars (assuming each one claims the full $5000 CEV rebate) has been sold in BC. that puts about 500+ for the month of June at this rate.

13. greatwiseone

greatwiseone Member

My understanding from the delivery folks is that they were delivering 600 model 3's and 200 model s and x at the delivery event at the PNE.

• Informative x 1
  14. Koflach

Koflach Member

yeah, that' sounds about right based on the decrease in the amount available from the cev website. I'm really surprised that there are so many S and X being sold still.

15. PearlShark

PearlShark Member

For reference I picked mine up at International Centre in Toronto on Friday and it was dead. Maybe 2 other people came through during my visit around noon.
    Not sure if tomorrow (weekend) will be hectic.

• Informative x 1
  16. Jeffmori7

Jeffmori7 Member

17. Koflach

Koflach Member

in the link you provided there is a picture of a spreadhseet that has an estimate of about 1850 model 3's sold in June. Pretty sad that we've only had about 2300 Model 3's shipped to canada.

18. Viv ki Bijli

Viv ki Bijli Member

I was told by Tesla employee that their were 3000 in GTA + Ontario and 3000 in Vancouver

19. Buggle

Buggle Member

That's frankly not believable. Ontario population is 3x British Columbia's. I'd think Quebec would have similar if not more numbers than B,C. And I think a lot of the Quebec ppl picked up in Ontario to save time.

• Like x 1
  20. Koflach

Koflach Member

3000 in vancouver is bullshit. At best there was about half of that (and that's assuming there were no other EV sales during that time period). I'm basing my number off of the CEV for BC rebate going down by about 7 million over that time frame.