Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3, scratches on front bumper: repair or replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had an encounter with a large boulder and ended up with large scrape in the right corner of my front bumper. There were slight gouges in the plastic.

A few weeks ago, I had the bumper removed, smoothed out, entirely repainted and reinstalled by a Tesla authorized shop here in Toronto, Canada. The total cost including 13% in taxes was $888 CAD, which is about $715 USD.

It was in the shop for 3 days, so you might have to factor in the cost of a rental car. (I didn't need one.)

View attachment 726509
Thanks for posting this. I have an almost identical scrape on my blue M3, and this was very helpful! Especially since I’m trying to decide what to do about it.
Another note; my car is currently in the shop to get a wrap, they called and said I would need to replace the bumper, that even if I tried to repair, the wrap wold still look pretty bad and not hold up in that spot. So I’m attempting to look at alternatives as a whole new bumper is rather expensive.

I recently had an encounter with a large boulder and ended up with large scrape in the right corner of my front bumper. There were slight gouges in the plastic.

A few weeks ago, I had the bumper removed, smoothed out, entirely repainted and reinstalled by a Tesla authorized shop here in Toronto, Canada. The total cost including 13% in taxes was $888 CAD, which is about $715 USD.

It was in the shop for 3 days, so you might have to factor in the cost of a rental car. (I didn't need one.)

View attachment 726509

Also from Toronto. Do you have the name of the shop handy?

Reactions: niktesila

View attachment 726509
Where did you go? I'm looking for a place to do a repaint on the exact same spot.

View attachment 726509
What is the sho info in Toronto?