Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Screen Corners Fading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
The screen on my Model 3 has developed some slight fading at the top corners of the screen. Just curious if anyone else has seen this. Wondering if this is similar to the screen yellowing I’ve read about on older Model S cars.

FE7D1CBC-60B5-4EFE-BE1B-D01BADE80877.jpeg

36D21927-39E9-4C46-9539-1F88F7AC8370.jpeg

9ADB7A5C-148B-4B1C-8A05-222CB754E06A.jpeg

Reactions: SlimJim
Yikes! I wonder if this would be considered a warranty item. I have not seen this personally, but my car is only 1.5 years old (manufactured 11/19). Do you know your car's manufacture date? Also, how many miles are you at?

Yikes! I wonder if this would be considered a warranty item. I have not seen this personally, but my car is only 1.5 years old (manufactured 11/19). Do you know your car's manufacture date? Also, how many miles are you at?
My Model 3 is about to hit 3 years and 1 month since I got it. I've gotta look at the screen in some different lighting conditions as well as day vs night mode to see how the corners look. Considering putting in a service request if it starts to get worse.

I have a 9/2018 and will take a look at mine tomorrow during the day. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything though. Driveway kept and use cabin overheat protection during out hotter months.

With other mfgrs trying to copy Tesla with larger in-car screens it will be interesting to see over the coming years how everyone’s screens do.

I have this problem too. It is due to the temperature and the screen is separating with the glass surface. I dont know if they will replace it, still under new car warranty. If anyone got theirs replaced, please post. Also looks like while the sunroof is glass, too much heat is making into the car and needs blinders in the front and the top.