Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Screen Protector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the matrix black from Abstract Ocean. It looks phenomenal, can't wait to see it actually installed though.

I don’t think matrix black vinyl wrap would make a very good screen protector ;)

I have the Abstract Ocean 5H clear Ultra Hard one installed and love it! Easy install and any small bubbles left disappeared overnight all by themselves. Can’t say enough about the AO customer experience.
I like it better than the RPM one as it is thicker, less flexible and a ‘dry’ install. RPM’s is clear paint protection films and a ‘wet’ install. Each to their own.

Screen Protectors for the Tesla Model 3

I don’t think matrix black vinyl wrap would make a very good screen protector ;)

I have the Abstract Ocean 5H clear Ultra Hard one installed and love it! Easy install and any small bubbles left disappeared overnight all by themselves. Can’t say enough about the AO customer experience.
I like it better than the RPM one as it is thicker, less flexible and a ‘dry’ install. RPM’s is clear paint protection films and a ‘wet’ install. Each to their own.

lol, when glossy was mentioned I thought the conversation changed to centre consoles.

Yeah, I had already talked myself into doing the wet install route for the centre console wrap with the xpel matte. So when it came to the screen protector it was more of a “why not go all in?” kind of thought process.

Thanks - took the plunge and ordered one based on the review!

No gaps. Goes right up to the inner edge of the bezel.

The screen inherently has a slight curve, and the 9H is cut to match.

That's what I was worried about because it was curved. Had some cheaper screen protectors for phones and some would cut it short to account for that. Better quality screen protectors will go up to the edge and sounds like this one is similar. Thanks!

That's what I was worried about because it was curved. Had some cheaper screen protectors for phones and some would cut it short to account for that. Better quality screen protectors will go up to the edge and sounds like this one is similar. Thanks!

It looks like the cheaper Abstract Ocean screen protectors (i.e., not the "9H" ones) DON'T have the curved feature included.

Is this a perfect fit for the Model 3 screen?

The Model 3 screen has a slight curve on the bottom edge. This wasn't in the engineering specs, so this generation of screen protectors have a straight edge along all sides, including the bottom. The reality is that at the most curved point, about 1.4mm of the screen is exposed, so the protector still protects the screen, and the vast majority of customers don't even notice. Our 9H version does account for the curve.