Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Seat Comfort

browellm

Oct 4, 2019
Notts
so much so that lower back pain / sciatica has been resurfacing in these past weeks

I used to have this problem, unrelated to any specific car model. I'm not a medical professional or ergonomist so take what I say with a healthy dose of salt, but the first thing I would do when you get in the seat is make the backrest angle higher than you are used to, then adjust everything else - distance to pedals, steering wheel reach, seat squab angle etc. around that. I had been setting the backrest way too upright.

I found by doing this you avoid pinching off blood flow to the lower back/thigh area.

It's been about 6-7 weeks since I picked up a Model 3 and I've not been able to find a driving seat position that's comfortable, so much so that lower back pain / sciatica has been resurfacing in these past weeks. I've tried all different levels of adjustment but cannot find one that my body agrees with.

I'm not going to blame the seats but my lack of ability to find a suitable configuration for me.

Has anybody had similar issues and found a process to find their ideal seating position? For reference I'm fairly average at 5'8" / 172cm and 11.5st / 73kg.

TIA.
Hello,
I have same issue and after just 2k miles called the technician and he said everything is OK. After another 10k I feel that whenever I steer to left, I am almost falling out of the right bolster. Called technician again and they say everything if fine. I tried all possible adjustments without luck. No issues with passenger seat or driving other Tesla cars or different cars. Now they say is wear and tear and if I want my seat replaced I need to pay for it.
I need to mention that I am sitting perfectly in the middle of the seat and since I got the car I am constantly needing to adjust position when driving ( and is worse on longer trips)
I am 156cm tall and 62 kg.
Not what you would expect from Tesla.

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
Hello,
I have same issue and after just 2k miles called the technician and he said everything is OK. After another 10k I feel that whenever I steer to left, I am almost falling out of the right bolster. Called technician again and they say everything if fine. I tried all possible adjustments without luck. No issues with passenger seat or driving other Tesla cars or different cars. Now they say is wear and tear and if I want my seat replaced I need to pay for it.
I need to mention that I am sitting perfectly in the middle of the seat and since I got the car I am constantly needing to adjust position when driving ( and is worse on longer trips)
I am 156cm tall and 62 kg.
Not what you would expect from Tesla.
Clearly not normal and you are entitled to replacement at no cost. The process of getting there is the challenge of course ...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC