Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 seats compared to new S seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently sat in a loaner S100 and was amazed how different and refined the S interior (vegan cream with wood trim) felt compared to my Q3 '16 S. It probably didn't help that my interior is black, Next Gen seats vs. newer ones, had Alcantara vs leather on the dash abs I had my all weather Matt's compared to cream carpets.

Anyway, how did the model 3 seats compared to the newer S models? Are the seats as comfortable?

I had the pleasure of driving a new S for 2 days a few weeks ago. The biggest difference that I noticed when compared to my M3 gen 1 seats was the side bolstering. The S has much more pronounced side bolsters. So much so that I felt like my back was never able to fully rest against the back of the seat. I suppose for skinny folks this won’t seem apparent but I’m about 5’10” and 175 and it was the first thing I noticed. The S felt like it was hugging me. For me, I much preferred the gen 1 M3 seats which I thought was a good combination of support and freedom of movement.

Have had my 3 for two weeks and had a loaner P75D S for the better part of a week. My wife and I both prefer the seats in the 3. I’m 6’3” 265lbs. She’s small. For me the issue is the headrest. Even at full extension in the S, the bottom of the headrest protruded directly where my largest vertebrae is (upper between the shoulders). The headrest in the 3 (Though it doesn’t adjust) starts right in the curve at the back of my neck. Much better.

The 3 is more comfortable to me.

I test drove a P100D. I'm 5'7" and 150. Wife is 5'2" and 115? We both thought the S wasn't as comfortable. For me, a seam or something was digging into my back. Bolsters felt weird too.

I mean, the materials in the S felt great. The seats bugged me a bit though. I don't mind sports seats (loved the ones on my old BMW), but the S ones bugged.

The 3 is nowhere near as sporty, but very comfy.