Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 seats wearing out early?

Have you experienced accelerated wear on your seats?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla, like many others, has succumed to the pressure of the vegan community to delete the traditionally prestigeous leather interiors on higher quality vehicles. Now even the steering wheel has changed from premium leather to common plastic.

Hard to blame them. Activists were relentless, at shareholder meetings, shaming Elon into eliminating any natural products. Even down to the glue used to hold the seats together.

Hope everybody enjoys their plastic seats...

Yep, Uncle Paul, let's keep destroying the planet so you can enjoy sitting on the skins of murdered animals. It's what your parents did, so why not keep doing it, eh?

For those that want a better grip on reality (vs. a grip on the ignorant past), take a look at some facts:

The Amazon is burning because the world eats so much meat - CNN

14 Things the Leather Industry Doesn't Want You to See | PETA

Environmental Hazards of Leather | PETA

Yep, Uncle Paul, let's keep destroying the planet so you can enjoy sitting on the skins of murdered animals. It's what your parents did, so why not keep doing it, eh?

For those that want a better grip on reality (vs. a grip on the ignorant past), take a look at some facts:

The Amazon is burning because the world eats so much meat - CNN

14 Things the Leather Industry Doesn't Want You to See | PETA

Environmental Hazards of Leather | PETA
CNN and PETA, great trustworthy news sites lmao

We have some raccoons I’d happily drop a dime to a murderous skinner. Wonder how many pelts are required for Model 3 seats?
My brother just got his moose, once every 5 years lottery permit, last week. 50" rack, 662lbs. I wonder what they do with the skin? Do they make car seats out of it?

I'll tell him he's "ignorant", the next time I see him. ;)

My brother just got his moose, once every 5 years lottery permit, last week. 50" rack, 662lbs. I wonder what they do with the skin? Do they make car seats out of it?

I'll tell him he's "ignorant", the next time I see him. ;)
I can't guess a moose's weight from its size, but 50" rack (call it Dolly?) and 662 lbs seems like a big 'un. What does your brother do with the meat and skin? I know a Montana attorney who hunts all his food on horseback. Nothing goes to waste. What he and his family can't eat, he gives to others.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I can't guess a moose's weight from its size, but 50" rack (call it Dolly?) and 662 lbs seems like a big 'un. What does your brother do with the meat and skin? I know a Montana attorney who hunts all his food on horseback. Nothing goes to waste. What he and his family can't eat, he gives to others.
Well, the meat goes into his freezer. The horns go on the wall, and the skin, I hope the ignoramus turns into car seats. I bet they're real durable.

Reactions: Ejl80 and tvad
Many manufacturers have abandoned real leather seats not necessarily because of environmental concerns (even though that might be what they publicly say) or cost , but because of weight. Non-leather seats are so good now they provide just as much, if not more, durability, as real leather and they weigh less. Less weight means better fuel efficiency and every pound matters. And most people can't tell the difference between fake leather and real. I bet millions of car owners are driving around in cars they think are leather that are really something else. Or just the part you come in contact with is leather and the rest is leather match.

Many manufacturers have abandoned real leather seats not necessarily because of environmental concerns (even though that might be what they publicly say) or cost , but because of weight. Non-leather seats are so good now they provide just as much, if not more, durability, as real leather and they weigh less. Less weight means better fuel efficiency and every pound matters.
In my opinion, the is the crux of the decision. Same basic reason neither a spare tire nor tire repair equipment are not included on the Model 3. Weight savings = longer range.

Last edited:
Both are fantastic.
iu

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Black seats.

68k miles in 16 months.

Use the car for Rideshare driving, with about 2500 trips meaning well over 5000 people in and out of the car.

I have a 12 year old rough-and-tumble boy as well.

Seats basically have zero wear, Only place that is slightly noticeable is the driver left bolster from my monkey ass getting in and out of the car so much (I frequently get the door for ladies).

Best interior material I've ever had, seen, or heard of in a car. Wouldn't swap for real leather (which I've had) if it was free.

The End.

(Tesla Raj will be doing a video on my experiences soon.)