Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 seats wearing out early?

Have you experienced accelerated wear on your seats?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THis is why i decided to change the order for my wife and get her the white seats. seeing them in person is WOW.

Yes!

And think of it this way, saving the $1000 to get black seats is basically betraying Tesla. Everyone that sees the white seats (especially with my always clean and shiny red paint) are floored with how gorgeous the interior looks. When they see the black interior, they are ho hum about it. I can tell you right now, my white interior is helping to sell Teslas because the word on the street is that Tesla interiors are cheap and ugly, but they no longer think that when they see the white in my Model 3.

So you did double good, IceBaby!

Last edited:
Yes!

And think of it this way, saving the $1000 to get black seats is basically betraying Tesla. Everyone that sees the white seats (especially with my always clean and shiny red paint) are floored with how gorgeous the interior looks. When they see the black interior, they are ho hum about it. I can tell you right now, my white interior is helping to sell Teslas because the word on the street is that Tesla interiors are cheap and ugly, but they no longer think that when they see the white in my Model 3.

Obviously taste differs but to me the white interior just looks tacky. Very Jersey Shore esq.

Yes!

;)

Im 14 stone and @ 7k miles my black seats are showing no signs of wear but I get in and out without sliding down the bolsters.
The base of the seats were wrinked from new (within tesla manufactuing tolerance..grrrrr) but dont seem to have gotten any worse with me sitting in them.

I think the white is gorgeous. Looks fantastic when new. I'm too practical to try and keep it clean or expect it to hold up AS WELL as the black interior (which I chose). My 2 year-old seats look pretty close to new after 45K miles. Plus you have to spend more $$ money for the whites! I'd say it's similar IMO to having a black exterior- beautiful when clean, but hard to keep that way....Nope, I've got kids and am OCD with keeping my car near-spotless, white is beautiful, but not for me!

Im 14 stone and @ 7k miles my black seats are showing no signs of wear but I get in and out without sliding down the bolsters.
The base of the seats were wrinked from new (within tesla manufactuing tolerance..grrrrr) but dont seem to have gotten any worse with me sitting in them.

March 2020 Update.
At 8k the cushion is showing signs of wear (like the paint is wearing thin) at the front probably due to me sliding my legs across it to get in and out. The wrinkles on the passenger side are looking more pronounced.
They are gonna be horrible at 50k.

21k miles just wrinkles in the seat bottoms and Tesla said they are normal

I have a brand new 2020 Dual Motor Model 3 delivered late January, noticed wrinkling on the left side of the drivers bottom seat bolster, in addition to a high frequency linear signal during full acceleration and full regenerative braking. Took it into the Dallas Service Center on Mockingbird Lane and from the moment I entered the service bay and opened my door, I received immediate pushback! My first impression from Tesla is they work hard to convince you that any defects are "Normal" and dismiss warranty claims. I also was told several times that a manager would return my call to discuss. Not one person would return any of my calls. Passive aggressive behavior and arrogance is what I experienced.