Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know anything about the all-important seats yet? I have not seen any reports on them yet. I know the S seats improved significantly over time, and the newest seats are supposed to be quite comfortable.
The only people outside of Tesla who have sat in the seats while the car was in motion were the ones at the 3/31/2016 reveal... and that was only for a few minutes each. So, I would say that it's too soon to say one way or the other.

Reactions: ecarfan
We have the viewing coming up later this week, hopefully some one can make a point to look for any motor controls on the seat at least.

If they're electronic, please god let the controls be on the seat and not in some submenu of the stupid touchscreen.

We already know that:
qOlPIgp6Rk5IT-U7Ml814g3GuopHrbQ-SDPLym7rOeJvPMobdmrQ_6TuEnAxv2Uu_0CEOIvkpxuWWmmk8_nW-MSPPvGk3JdVDYBNgXlsvrjW6YJFFcZfKclpk2dE8BAfQYQd7Bc66_5cQQHdFd9wmfubErYUipdHtSlzwSQp7HGCAx-2c-MZ_VR-pu5pJkNfr5_Pwj8qxP0SUzSxL2r-DryiKSY4qUkowwEwr34eBst1_-qikgkOJXPA-Hvmd_iowsdte-rC3fayWXfkbdeHQd5vZumYC4y9PhN-zCiKDbIRZG_Jd1cLc2BpIp4U4avrSm80yJJPY64pCisAfEI8s6SBvzHh43zD27kDd58aOxDPjUZ5LlpW0QFcaPlTCbL9X8UBhyKgdJ2zWo3dqe3D_Z7IEsgE81kO5CmG7u2pEy080W2dAL3vovo8vSkutrncU0x-VJDxOvy7wV8k4G0iH7W1p5h7NH4nIQrsltMxfyuoo4XpMVwV90mvgjofStafqLJfaZc2t1sIbQxD04Big8xX2Fn0fYAsx49qjov77in3T1dAiClLy81PiDUJ7cZKzIipEDJ3OiGhMLQJth4tJxNc-kHs_9SFd-ITCSHTwzV99tHeSkVaJdMLXmfJ5vZvnLs0a80W_vGNAhTHpvwb0efhCnjZhFpr5nRhXQ=w960-h540-no

Mule seats are not production, so we don't know what they are gonna do based on that. We already know they are cutting costs and making the car more simple by eliminating features like SAS. Personally if they're manual it's not the end of the world for me. I just hope that they're heated because you really don't want to use extra cab heat that will lower your range.

Mule seats are not production, so we don't know what they are gonna do based on that. We already know they are cutting costs and making the car more simple by eliminating features like SAS. Personally if they're manual it's not the end of the world for me. I just hope that they're heated because you really don't want to use extra cab heat that will lower your range.
Source?

As a tall person, seat comfort and interior "fit" is super important. I will need to sit in a 3 before configuring and hope the experience doesn't make me cancel my reservation. I have sat in an S and the seats are great and there is sufficient space so that my arm doesnt brush against the door. Am hopeful that Tesla has the foresight to not save money by cheapening the interior in the 3.

I'm 6'-1" and sat in a model S and the headroom for me isn't enough. I don't lean like a gangster, I sit pretty upright. If the model 3 headroom is less than the S that could be a problem. I really hope they make the seats with more hight adjustability, otherwise I'll have to bust out my cut off wheel and welder.

I don't think they will be narrow, because Elon can be quoted as saying that the Model 3 will be able to fit a person of his size very comfortably at the reveal event. (and he is 6'1")