Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sentry Mode / Dashcam issues, pls help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I'm trying to get the sentry mode feature working in my new Model 3.

I have read all of the specs and followed everything to a T, and am still having issues.

I have tried multiple thumb drives of varying sizes (32-200+) all formatted and reformatted on my Mac to FAT32, with a folder called TeslaCam on each drive, and I've tried the drives in both front USB ports, and at no time do I see a camera icon on my screen at all (not even greyed out). All I see is in the top right of the screen, a black dot with a red dot inside of it (see photo attached). When I touch it the red dot toggles on and off.

I have Sentry Mode on, and when I return to my parked vehicle I see messages indicating that I had a number of "incidents".

But when I remove the drive and put it into my computer, there's nothing on there.

Please advise. Thank you in advance for your help.
Best,
Erik

Attachments

• IMG_1495 (1).jpg
    IMG_1495 (1).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
Have you tried a FAT32 partition with some music files on it and see if a 'USB' pops up in the audio menu and shows the music files? At least than you know that the data path of the USB ports is working. Next step could be to create 2 FAT32 partitions where one has some music files and the second has the 'TeslaCam' folder. I know this shouldn't make any difference, but it's just a way to try to analyze the problem and try to figure out what's causing the issue.

Ok, I got it sorted out. Thank you for your assistance. I'm not sure why it's working now but I put in a newer/faster USB drive and it's working. The only issue I have now is that, parked in my locked garage overnight it had...512 "incidents"...filled the whole 32 gig drive between 9pm and 1am. Nothing on the footage. I know I can disable "home" but what the heck?!