Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 September 2019 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe both of our delivery dates per when our order was placed were pretty much accurate. I think my husband’s car arrived a week earlier and not sure about mine (probably have the info somewhere) but believe it was within the range as well.

Ordered 2 days ago - LR AWD white black inter. no VIN yet

I'm OK waiting- realized I had a Credit card not fully paid off- paid that down to pump my credit score back up and get a better loan- so the longer it takes- the more it saves me.

I may have been matched with a car already ready or a not so popular combination LOL .. ordered a M3 LR AWD Midnight Silver with White interior and FSD 19” on Monday August 19th got it delivered on Saturday August 24th, production sticker says 08/19

Pre delivery communication & parts availability for body shops are 2 big weaknesses at Tesla. I've had an excellent experience with them overall except for those two issues which were very poor. But, almost every experience with Jeep was poor so, comparatively, Tesla is pretty good.

The good news is that you'll love the car so much once you get it that you'll (mostly) forget about these types of things.

Reactions: PhaseWhite
I am in the same boat. Ordered Midnight Grey, White Interior, LR, 18's on 8/17 and no VIN. I called the service center and they just said "we should have a Vin any day now. That was 9/2. Argh. I even asked the question of whether certain components were holding up delivery such as White interior. They told me that they had not heard anything. While the customer service is polite and responsive, they do not know anything. How does nobody have any visibility to what is happening prior to receiving a VIN. Didn't they used to supply a VIN upfront so you could track progress? I have watched what cars have been hitting their new inventory in this area and it seems to be mostly black SR+ models. I have not seen a single one hit the new inventory with white interior. I'm north of Sacramento.

Nice! I ordered a Metallic Gray Performance on Aug 31st in Colorado hopefully the text comes soon!
I was just told that they have been driving inventory to Asia and Europe so North America has been getting delayed. Un the up-side he did say that they are going to try and deliver to the North Amarican customers by the end of the quarter. Guess I am waiting closer to 6 weeks for mine. I just hope it doesn't show up with a ton of defects like the ones in Germany.