TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 September 2019 Delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SnoTropper, Sep 4, 2019.

1. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

I believe both of our delivery dates per when our order was placed were pretty much accurate. I think my husband’s car arrived a week earlier and not sure about mine (probably have the info somewhere) but believe it was within the range as well.

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

From what I’ve read it may differ around the country. So you’d best either chat or send them an email or ask the Delivery Center you will be going to.

3. MarquetteWho

MarquetteWho Member

You should be able to pay via ACH after your paperwork clears.

4. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Ordered 2 days ago - LR AWD white black inter. no VIN yet

I'm OK waiting- realized I had a Credit card not fully paid off- paid that down to pump my credit score back up and get a better loan- so the longer it takes- the more it saves me.

5. Holleratme420

Holleratme420 New Member

they should let you pay for all the amount due (including your $2400) if you choose the finance option. Check works. So does wire transfer or regular ACH. No credit card payment accepted unless you want to try something like "plastiq".

6. SrMax

SrMax New Member

Ordered my M3AWD Metalic Grey on Aug 28th. Got a Text today to schedule a delivery to Dallas on 9/19. If that holds true that would be 3 weeks and one day.

7. SrMax

SrMax New Member

Forgot to say the no VIN issued yet/

8. RodPGH

RodPGH New Member

I may have been matched with a car already ready or a not so popular combination LOL .. ordered a M3 LR AWD Midnight Silver with White interior and FSD 19” on Monday August 19th got it delivered on Saturday August 24th, production sticker says 08/19

9. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Pre delivery communication & parts availability for body shops are 2 big weaknesses at Tesla. I've had an excellent experience with them overall except for those two issues which were very poor. But, almost every experience with Jeep was poor so, comparatively, Tesla is pretty good.

The good news is that you'll love the car so much once you get it that you'll (mostly) forget about these types of things.

• Like x 1
  10. adamjg

adamjg New Member

In Houston, ordered my M3 SR+, blue with black interior on 8/29. Received text 9/7 to confirm my delivery date. Delivery set for 9/23 about 3 1/2 weeks after ordered. No VIN yet.

11. HELI0S

HELI0S New Member

I am in the same boat. Ordered Midnight Grey, White Interior, LR, 18's on 8/17 and no VIN. I called the service center and they just said "we should have a Vin any day now. That was 9/2. Argh. I even asked the question of whether certain components were holding up delivery such as White interior. They told me that they had not heard anything. While the customer service is polite and responsive, they do not know anything. How does nobody have any visibility to what is happening prior to receiving a VIN. Didn't they used to supply a VIN upfront so you could track progress? I have watched what cars have been hitting their new inventory in this area and it seems to be mostly black SR+ models. I have not seen a single one hit the new inventory with white interior. I'm north of Sacramento.

12. SrMax

SrMax New Member

On Monday I found they had put the purchase agreement on my account manage order page under documents. It contains the VIN and all the details to complete the order and get insurance.

13. bhein73

bhein73 New Member

Nice! I ordered a Metallic Gray Performance on Aug 31st in Colorado hopefully the text comes soon!

14. SnoTropper

SnoTropper Member

You should be able to get a vin within 2 weeks

15. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Member

Operative word:

16. HELI0S

HELI0S New Member

I was just told that they have been driving inventory to Asia and Europe so North America has been getting delayed. Un the up-side he did say that they are going to try and deliver to the North Amarican customers by the end of the quarter. Guess I am waiting closer to 6 weeks for mine. I just hope it doesn't show up with a ton of defects like the ones in Germany.

17. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Member

I believe that 1 Oct is the start of the new fiscal quarter, so things are looking up for us both!

18. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Will be interesting to see if we get by Oct 1 to qualify for the 2,000 SC miles - or is that a BS knowing no one will get by then anyway.

19. Scrith

Scrith Member

Ordered LR white (black interior) w/ 19” wheels on Aug. 25th, picked up on Sept. 9 in Fremont.

20. kdodda

kdodda New Member

Hi I wanted to surprise my gf on her bday on the 30th sept . Made the reservation on Sept 4th for blue LR AWD. Do u guys think I’ll get it by then ?