Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Service - 2 Years, brake fluid health check, Cabin air filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are Model 3 owners doing for their 2 year service intervals? Are you taking it back to Tesla?
I note you can buy Cabin air filters on-line.

Your vehicle should generally be serviced on an as-needed basis. However, Tesla recommends the following maintenance items and intervals, as applicable to your vehicle, to ensure continued reliability and efficiency of your Model 3.
  • Brake fluid health check every 2 years (replace if necessary).
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 6 years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years.

What are Model 3 owners doing for their 2 year service intervals? Are you taking it back to Tesla?
I took my S to tesla to change the aircon filters and they said there was no need, still like new. Hence replacememt is more use based than car age. I drive well under the average distance per year. Any other car dealer would have changed them for the extortion money.

Mine is booked for a two year check in about a week. Tyre rotation, cabin filters changed, new wiper blades and brake fluid check. Mobile Service are coming to my house to do it. Quoted about $250 in the Tesla App. I had the tires rotated at the one year mark by Mobile Service for $50. Pretty reasonable to me. They are also performing two other items at no charge under what must be a technical bulletin for 2019 Model 3’s:

Reseal Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joints

Rework Electrical Harness Due To Water Ingress R1

They are also performing two other items at no charge under what must be a technical bulletin for 2019 Model 3’s:

Reseal Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joints

Rework Electrical Harness Due To Water Ingress R1

Thanks Andrew. Booked mine in for next week. I also have the same rework as you have above.

Estimate:
Tire Rotation with Automatic TPMS Learn $48.00
2x Cabin Filter $25.45 each, Labour to Remove & Replace $36.00
Brake Fluid Check $24.00
Total $158.90 exc GST.

I took my Model 3 in for an early 4th year service and checkup last week at Alexandria. I would normally have waited until closer to the end of the year just before warranty expires, but I was getting the dreaded front upper control arm squeak which was getting worse in recent weeks.

They re-greased and re-sealed the upper control arm ball-joints at the 2-year service in 2021 (my only other service visit), but clearly it was not a permanent fix, so this time they replaced both front upper control arms under warranty.

They also replaced the rear camera harness on the boot lid under warranty.

Apart from that they changed the cabin filters, wiper blades, checked the brake fluid, and I asked them to rotate the tyres and align and rebalance the wheels. They also did a "General Inspection" which cost $175 but no indication of what they inspected over and above the other stuff, or fixed, if anything.

So I suggest it is a very good idea to take your car in before warranty expires, just in case.

When I picked the car up, the Alexandria service centre was absolutely packed with vehicles. I have never seen it so full. I asked my service advisor whether with the number of Teslas on the road now if this service centre is still big enough to which he very quickly replied "no"!