Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 service mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service mode will mean you lose access to it and its location, I wouldn’t do that voluntarily. It gives them more than you.

Disable pin-to-drive (or tell them what it is) and give them a key-card. Stress to them how important it is to keep it charged.

Take picture of everything inside and outside the car.
Cover every seat with old bed sheets to avoid any greasy fingers or paint on the seats.

After getting my car back several months later, well there was small trace
of paint on the inside of the driver door and the console, but this was easy to clean.
However the mirror of the passenger sunshade was broken, but I didn't noticed it because there is a cover on it.

One of the wheels had a big scratch. The shop told me that they are not responsible for gravel damage.
Well, I showed the picture of each wheel before giving the car.
The timestamp was when the car was on the parking lot in front of the shop just before giving the keys.
And I demonstrated that the scratch was very close to the nuts and must have been caused by an impact tool.
So finally the shop accepted to repaint the wheel, but I had to bring back the car for three days.

Verify that the shop has a charger to recharge your battery at least once a month.
I would recommend visiting the car time to time to check the progress and take pictures at the same occasion.
I also set the speed limit to the minimum you can, but you cannot have the valet mode when in service mode.
You cannot access also the car location.

However the mirror of the passenger sunshade was broken, but I didn't noticed it because there is a cover on it.

For those who are not aware of this issue it is caused by the front seat being moved all the way forward with the back in a relatively upright position ... the headrest can push against the shade with some force and can break the mirror inside. So, beware when moving the seat all the way forward... and warn anybody working on the car of this potential issue.

Reactions: Nick77
For those who are not aware of this issue it is caused by the front seat being moved all the way forward with the back in a relatively upright position ... the headrest can push against the shade with some force and can break the mirror inside. So, beware when moving the seat all the way forward... and warn anybody working on the car of this potential issue.
So, it might be a good idea to remove the front seat headrests before bringing your car to service...