Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Servicing Costs UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I'm looking at leasing the Model 3 Long Range and have been offered a maintenance package, I'll have the car for 4 years so wondering if anyone could advice on the costs of servicing I'd expect in those 4 years to see whether the maintenance package is beneficial.

Any help is appreciated :)

If you take tires out of the equation you would likely be looking at somewhere in the region of £6-700 over the 4 years if you drive say 15000 miles per year. That takes into consideration 2 rotations per year and cabin filters changed every 12 months. Very little servicing needs to be done and what I have quoted you can actually easily do yourself.

what was the scope of the service?
it looks like regular oil change for any other ICE at least one a year...
20220121214830.png

Reactions: Leejmoff
Has anyone with a lease had a service authorised? Tesla just recommend a brake fluid check every two years, it is not a condition of the warranty.

I can see a lease company selling you a maintenance package and then never authorising a service.

You only need a brake fluid check at 2 years. You can do what you want re tyre rotation. Filters can be replaced yourself if you’re bothered. I’m baffled at people saying they have had a ‘service’. Warranty isn’t impacted by any of this.

When I was working out running costs I factored in £250 every 2 years, plus new tyres every 2 to 3rd year.
At 5700 miles my tyres are at 4.8mm, so about half worn, assuming 8mm as new.
So 4 new tyres every 12,000 miles = £800 for Pilot Sport 4.
Almost all A and B road driving, virtually no motorway. My lead foot...
Fun, it has to be said!

At the two year mark on my M3LR I had cabin filters replaced, brake fluid checked (no moisture detected), brake callipers cleaned and lubricated. Total: £132.23 incl VAT.
I am coming up to the two year point. Who did your “Service”. Got the age where I just can’t be bothered to mess about with spanner’s. Spend a working life of fixing Aeroplanes

What service? My car hit 2 years on December. I was at a SC last week for another issue and had the opportunity to replace the aircon filters. 56£. Checked the brake fluids myself and had the wipers replaced by autoglass while they were mending a chip.
Tyres i replaced last year with crossclimates. 22k miles on them at the moment. They all sit at 5mm with no rotation.
My opinion is that the lease company wants to make some extra easy quids.

My car (Nov 2019) is on a 3 year 36k mile contract with Leaseplan without maintenence. I checked with them if the brake fluid and cabin filter was required and the response was no. If it were my own car and I was gonna keep it a while I'd probably do the cabin filter change myself and pay for the brake fluid check. As it's a lease car then I'll just leave it. So I'd say a maintence plan on a 3 year lease on a Tesla is a waste of money.

My car (Nov 2019) is on a 3 year 36k mile contract with Leaseplan without maintenence. I checked with them if the brake fluid and cabin filter was required and the response was no. If it were my own car and I was gonna keep it a while I'd probably do the cabin filter change myself and pay for the brake fluid check. As it's a lease car then I'll just leave it. So I'd say a maintence plan on a 3 year lease on a Tesla is a waste of money.
What is the break fluid check? Checking The level?

Most manufacturers just replace every two years these days rather than checking moisture content but Tesla just recommend a check and replace if it’s too high.

If you don’t check/replace the fluid the water can corrode the brake pipes and will boil if you use your brakes heavily (e.g. on a downhill mountain run or on a track) leading to brake fade.

I wouldn’t expect high moisture levels on a two year old vehicle, not unless it has gone through a set of pads already and the master cylinder cap had been taken on/off.

Very interested in this too - when speccing my lease it was ~£40 a month extra, which didn't seem worth it with the ad-hoc recommendation from Tesla and no impact on warranty.

Car hasn't arrived yet, so haven't got confirmation on what the lease company is expecting and therefore very interesting to hear what Leaseplan said @Andy_T_73