Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Servicing Costs UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Aug 2019 and 46k miles:

1 set of tyres - £550 fitted.

New filters - £30 fitted by me.

Health check by Tesla - £108. This included wheel rotation and break and caliper clean and grease. Carried out at around year 2.

Windscreen wipers £20 fitted by me

Windscreen washer fluid

Lots of car cleaning products - expensive bit!

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Car hasn't arrived yet, so haven't got confirmation on what the lease company is expecting and therefore very interesting to hear what Leaseplan said @Andy_T_73
@CaptainC Leaseplan said "The brake and cabin filter checks are optional and Leaseplan adhere to the guidelines provided by the manufacturer – in this case Tesla, if you don’t get these checks done Leaseplan will not charge you. Should there be any issues with the car the cars dashboard will advise.". I have kept that e-mail, obvs.

Reactions: CaptainC
Thanks for the replies, the maintenance was £35 ex VAT PM which includes tyres, punctures, MOT and all perishables (Brakes / Pads etc).

So over 4 years it would be £1680 ex VAT.

Guessing it depends how often I were to go through tyres as to whether it is worth it.

Guessing it depends how often I were to go through tyres as to whether it is worth it.
How many miles? Probably best to assume you would go through a set of tyres in 4 years, so around £800 and £60 for an MOT. Highly unlikely you would need any pads/discs as nearly all braking would be regenerative braking so no mechanical wear.

Guess they're trying to avoid throwing their dealer network under a bus. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Steve
Yeah, I can imagine the dealers network struggling in the future.
Maybe they should look to build a new model of offering cheap simple checks (tyre rotations, brake strip and clean etc at £50 a go) annually. Rather than bi annual £300+ service bills for sod all!

@CaptainC Leaseplan said "The brake and cabin filter checks are optional and Leaseplan adhere to the guidelines provided by the manufacturer – in this case Tesla, if you don’t get these checks done Leaseplan will not charge you. Should there be any issues with the car the cars dashboard will advise.". I have kept that e-mail, obvs.

Many thanks for the additional info - good idea on the paper trail, will get something in writing from mine too!

I just saw a post on another forum regarding services on the Kona electric. They are having a laugh. Every 12 months or 10k miles whatever comes first.
With this rate I would have had 4 services so far and I would be well on my way for a fifth.

Kona service.jpg

From what I read they are getting charged anything between 60£ to 100£ per service depending location and dealer.
One guy mentioned that for the 4 year service (or 40k miles) he was quoted 500£. When he questioned this he was told that for the 4 year service they take the battery of the car and they do a re-balance....Bloody car dealers.

Mercedes offer a £15 a month or £180 a year service package for a Smart car; I never got an explanation of what they did for that (extortionate) price. I'll get an indy to grease the brake calipers and change the brake fluid every three years for my Tesla; I'll do the rest, what little there is.