Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Servicing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I booked a two-year service for August via the App. Tesla got back to me and tried to put me off, saying it wasn't necessary. I cancelled.

I also requested that they fit the front mud flaps that were given out some time ago, and supply and fit rear ones. They replied that they cannot supply the flaps. So I cancelled that as well.
Interesting. Maybe they’re seeing patterns with the M3 in the UK, now that some are 2 years old and that the brake inspections on average are fine. Or maybe they’re inundated with warranty work.

Filters don't stop working when they get old they just restrict air flow and in Tesla's case at least I believe they can start to smell bad but replacing them will not actually improve the pollen filtration at all so if that is your only reason for doing it early I would not bother.

Depends a bit on usage, but dead skin cells get trapped in the filter and can make the car smell like sweaty armpits after a while. I used to use an antibacterial aircon treatment every couple of years and never replaced a filter - they're usually about £20 for a treatment can.

Reactions: Tom Tes
Depends a bit on usage, but dead skin cells get trapped in the filter and can make the car smell like sweaty armpits after a while. I used to use an antibacterial aircon treatment every couple of years and never replaced a filter - they're usually about £20 for a treatment can.
Just getting rid of the smell isn't the same as replacing a filter which gets clogged over time and loses efficiency, and the active carbon get saturated and therefore can no longer remove odours from the air.

Just getting rid of the smell isn't the same as replacing a filter which gets clogged over time and loses efficiency, and the active carbon get saturated and therefore can no longer remove odours from the air.

Yes, sorry, I meant that if you're not using the car very much then the system can start to smell bad when the filter doesn't need changing, it just needs disinfecting.

Reactions: MrT3
Just bring this back up,
Anybody leasing there car with leaseplan had any communication about service for there model 3? I have had mine for 2 years in about a month. I want to know if Leaseplan expect your to get it serviced regardless.
Also, those who have serviced there car, where is that option when booking it via the app?

Just bring this back up,
Anybody leasing there car with leaseplan had any communication about service for there model 3? I have had mine for 2 years in about a month. I want to know if Leaseplan expect your to get it serviced regardless.
Also, those who have serviced there car, where is that option when booking it via the app?
Im not with LP but SG Fleet.

Lease company just says you need to follow the manufactures guidance regards all servicing and maintenance.

I have it booked in on the 14th Oct at Notts SC. Just use your app and book "Other" and i just stated that i wanted a "2 year car Check-up". Also state in the notes what SC you want to use and if you need a Loan car on the day. The app will only allow you to select "Ranger", but this gets updated with what you state shortly after.

They came back straight away with the SC i selected. This was followed by a text from Notts saying when the next free date for a Loan car was available. I replied accepting the new proposed date.

@Roy W. had this done a few weeks ago and has a list of what was carried out during this check-up.

Think he paid £190 which involved but not limited too:

1. Brake clean and check
2. Washer fluid top up
3. Brake fluid check
4. Tyre check (Not sure if rotated the tyres?)
5. New Air filters
6. Ball joint on suspenion arms, clean and lube

Nr 1 on its own is worth £190 at most garages i had asked earlier this year, so the rest is a bonus.

Forgot to mention that i spoke with Tesla and they state that you do not need to "Service" your car, but you can have it checked over, hence the above.

Lease company just says you need to follow the manufactures guidance regards all servicing and maintenance.

I have it booked in on the 14th Oct at Notts SC. Just use your app and book "Other" and i just stated that i wanted a "2 year car Check-up". Also state in the notes what SC you want to use and if you need a Loan car on the day. The app will only allow you to select "Ranger", but this gets updated with what you state shortly after.

They came back straight away with the SC i selected. This was followed by a text from Notts saying when the next free date for a Loan car was available. I replied accepting the new proposed date.

@Roy W. had this done a few weeks ago and has a list of what was carried out during this check-up.

1. Brake clean and check
2. Washer fluid top up
3. Brake fluid check
5. New Air filters

Nr 1 on its own is worth £190 at most garages i had asked earlier this year, so the rest is a bonus.

Forgot to mention that i spoke with Tesla and they state that you do not need to "Service" your car, but you can have it checked over, hence the above.
It was indeed £190, and they did rotate the tyres. They also left a couple of dirty marks on my pristine white upholstery, which I’ve removed :( This won’t of course affect those of you with black pleather ;)

Just bring this back up,
If you do bottom this out with Leaseplan, it would be great to hear about it.

When I first got the car I asked about it and got the same response as @davidmc from Leaseplan and Tesla i.e. it isn't required. That said, I think the brake fluid check is rather important. All my previous cars have had it replaced every 2 years, never mind just checked.

1. Brake clean and check
2. Washer fluid top up
3. Brake fluid check
5. New Air filters

Thanks, I will try that route.

1. Brake clean and check
2. Washer fluid top up
3. Brake fluid check
5. New Air filters

Done exactly this and I'm in at Notts SC back end of this month. I've also asked them to check my rear (recently replaced, not working) demist and uneven disc wear on the Brembos. Courtesy car is available which also helps a lot. Not had a quote yet but if it's in the £200 range that seems like good value. I was going to travel to Cleevely Motors but with the additional bits which could well be warranty work, Notts SC makes sense. Cheers to @Roy W. for sussing it out.

Reactions: Roy W. and davidmc
Just had my Invoice for the "Service" Car Health Check. This is being carried out tomorrow (14th Oct)

Keith from Nottingham SC called me yesterday to run over the checkup and was very helpful.

So works to be done:

1. Brake fluid check
2. Tyre rotation
3. Clean and lubricate break calipers (Im not performance!)
4. Not listed but will be checked and done - Ball arm joints check and lubricate

Also includes Loan car - As @Roy W. mentions - Its all touch free.

I have already done my filters which do not need to be donr (Cost me £30 - £15 each from tesla website)

Service Tesla.JPG

Just had my Invoice for the "Service" Car Health Check. This is being carried out tomorrow (14th Oct)

Keith from Nottingham SC called me yesterday to run over the checkup and was very helpful.

So works to be done:

1. Brake fluid check
2. Tyre rotation
3. Clean and lubricate break calipers (Im not performance!)
4. Not listed but will be checked and done - Ball arm joints check and lubricate

Also includes Loan car - As @Roy W. mentions - Its all touch free.

I have already done my filters which do not need to be donr (Cost me £30 - £15 each from tesla website)

View attachment 720878
Cheers thanks. A useful reference for when I'm in there back end of the month. Looks like sensible money too.

Quick update on this. Good experience at Notts SC and they seem to have got their act sorted quite well now. Seamless drop-off and collect using a keysafe and one-off pin to drive. The loaner S was decent too. Had the 2 year check/service including a couple of filters, fluid top ups, 2 new wiper blades, brake strip, clean and lube and tyre checks. They also fixed my rear demist (firmware glitch) and applied some sort of sealant to the front upper control arm joints. The latter items were foc. £298 for the peace of mind seems OK to me and I'll likely do similar in another couple of years.

It cost a bit more than the other work mentioned in this thread but they did a fair bit more on the brakes I think (uneven disc wear) plus the wipers. There's also a charge for "coolant check and re-fill" of £36. Overall not too bad, particularly compared to a bog-standard service for an ICE.

Oh and the car is apparently in "great health" whatever that means :) - I'll take it.