Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Short essential travel (2020.8.3) time back behind the wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To calm people who are on point this was an essential lift for work and it was only a 2 mile round trip, I did not get out of the car. Recirculate was enabled and I used hand-gel before opening and closing the car, touching the screen and once more before grasping the steering wheel with intent.

Its been over a week since I last used the Model 3. Oh boy did I miss the drive. From the pre-heat to feeling the quality of the steering wheel, the silent move out at 6am and onto the dual carriageway. This was the maiden voyage of the 2020.8.3 update as it updated in lock down. Then boom I realised finally the handover from speeding up to Autopilot was smooth again! Gone was the slow down from the regen even when I let the pedal up fast! *crowd goes wild!* On the way back I did the same 10 to 61.5 mph in a blink of an eye. There is nothing like driving a Tesla. Something in its DNA that is spectacular from the display to the lights coming on outside. Silent, smooth, next generation, better than the rest of the EV's. As I reversed back into the drive and stopped why was it over.... it was too fast.

No bins were harmed or detected with this update.

Don’t get in a rush to update to 12.1 then. Nudge to desired direction on lane splits has been nerfed somewhat so driving in the traveling lane without delineated exit forks has become stressful again with the car veering towards the “center” until it detects the gore point and proceeds to dart back into the traveling lane as to not exit.

A regression from 8.x...