Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Short-Term Trade for Model S for Thanksgiving Road Trip

Would you let a stranger borrow your Model 3 if they let you use their Model S for a long weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turkenheim

Aug 22, 2017
Gainesville, FL
A bit of a long shot here. I am looking for someone in the New Orleans Louisiana area with a Model 3 willing to let my wife and I borrow your Model 3 for a trip to Florida over Thanksgiving weekend. In exchange I'll leave my Model S for you to use. We are interested in the autopilot features as well as the faster supercharging rates and would love to test it out. I'd be willing to throw in a couple hundred bucks for the mileage and have it washed/detailed before we return it. Both of us have clean driving records and are fully insured. Let me know if you'd be interested!

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Absolutely! The Tesla community helps each other out.

I think the Tesla community would step up if a life depended on it.

Since its only to satisfy the curiosity of a stranger - I think you can Turo this one or do without a 3. :)

Rottenapplr

Apr 6, 2019
LOS ANGELES
F no! Use toro or an extended test drive.

Who would let anyone “rent under the table with no protection whatsoever“.... like will you pay for example if you hit a random tire on the roadway and there are huge scuffs on the bumper? Or door dings? Or if there’s a rock that nicks the windshield? All these things can happen on a road trip. Shoot my bmw ran over a tire on a trip to New Mexico from California. White bmw with black scuff marks. Parts of paint was rubbed off.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmd2005

toolman335

Oct 3, 2019
Rochester
Yeah this is NOT a good idea.
When I saw the thread title I assumed you were contemplating swapping with someone you know.
A stranger? No way man. No way.

Feb 17, 2019
Houston
I rented a M3 before I bought mine on Turo. Took it 400 miles each way on a road trip. No one here is going to swap cars with you. Theres no way to assume liability. Turo adds insurance and covers both parties.

Reactions: SigNC

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC