Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 showroom mode? Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

Now that there is a TON more Model 3's out there in the world. I will ask the question.

Does anyone know how to turn ON and turn OFF the showroom mode for the Model 3?

I would make this a "first answer" contest, however I don't have anything to offer … except for a boost in pride for the winner.

Hello everyone.

Now that there is a TON more Model 3's out there in the world. I will ask the question.

Does anyone know how to turn ON and turn OFF the showroom mode for the Model 3?

I would make this a "first answer" contest, however I don't have anything to offer … except for a boost in pride for the winner.

What is showroom mode.
Are you saying the cars we’ve sat in, in the Tesla showroom were in a showroom mode?

If so, I suspect it’s something you would need a code for to turn on.

What do you need that for btw. ?
Curious.

What is showroom mode.
Are you saying the cars we’ve sat in, in the Tesla showroom were in a showroom mode?

If so, I suspect it’s something you would need a code for to turn on.

What do you need that for btw. ?
Curious.

Yes indeed the car that you sat in, in the Tesla showroom was probably in showroom mode.

Where the headlights and taillights were on indefinitely ...and you could access certain vehicle functions while the driving mode was disabled.

I show my Model 3 quite often at shows - etc. and it would be perfect if I could let the car remain "ON" during the various shows.

I believe you hold down the Tesla logo at the top of the screen for about 10 seconds and a prompt comes up. Enter in “showroom” info the prompt and I think that enables it. Same process to disable. There are likely other codes that do other things but I haven’t seen mention of them anywhere.

I believe you hold down the Tesla logo at the top of the screen for about 10 seconds and a prompt comes up. Enter in “showroom” info the prompt and I think that enables it. Same process to disable. There are likely other codes that do other things but I haven’t seen mention of them anywhere.

That works on the Model S and Model X.

They seem to have changed the Model 3 for some reason. I've tried that option.

When I picked up my Model 3, the delivery advisor showed me how to enable showroom mode for the car.

I have since forgotten how to do this. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, it got me thinking...

All showroom cars have v10 installed. There is nothing special hardware wise about the showroom cars. They are simply placed in showroom mode that any of us can enable for our cars.

If we enable showroom mode... does that mean we’d have an instantaneous way of updating to v10?

Question is more for curiosity and educational purposes. Please do not subvert anything Tesla does. Please do not brick your cars.

Surprised the mod merged my post as it isn’t the same question as what OP asked.

Mine is to see if showroom mode will give you an automatic instant update to v10. I am about 99% sure it would.