TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Sighting - impressions

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Tslanwbie, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Tslanwbie

Tslanwbie Member

Apr 4, 2017
    san jose
    #1 Tslanwbie, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
    Saw a Model 3 while waiting to charge my new Model S at the Moutain View Supercharger.

First impressions:

1. Looks like a Baby Model S - very pretty car. I am not sure I dig the front view too much though.
    2. Very well built. Panel Gaps etc. are all first class
    3. I looked very closely inside - Rear seat is cramped. The test drivers were tall guys, but make no mistake this is a much smaller car than the Model S.
    4. No self-presenting handles, but the mechanism they have in lieu is pretty nice as well
    5. The dash is very minimalist - I loved it!
    6. The Bolt is toast. So is the BMW 3 series.
    Overall - amped that this car is coming soon and I have a reservation.

For those folks who are on the fence before buying a Model S:
    1. I think that those who need a bigger car (I do, as I have 3 kids) go for the S - now.
    2. I think TESLA will add some more nice stuff to the S and increase the price point away from the 3.
    3. With the 1.49% financing, free supercharging, federal incentive (given how good the Model 3 is, they will burn through the 200K vehicle limit superfast)

Model 3.jpg
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. AssortedBread

AssortedBread Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Philadelphia, Main Line
    Great picture.

I have a few questions:

- Do you have a higher resolution photo by any chance? (that you could upload to a photo hosting site like
    - Do you remember what number this car was?
    - And did you talk at all with the tall test drivers? If so did you glean anything from them.
  3. Tslanwbie

Tslanwbie Member

Apr 4, 2017
    san jose

I do!! Will figure out imgur soon
    No - did not check the number :-(
    I did talk with the tall test drivers ... They were understandably nervous to talk, not much gleaned :)
    • Like x 2