Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sighting - impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a Model 3 while waiting to charge my new Model S at the Moutain View Supercharger.

First impressions:

1. Looks like a Baby Model S - very pretty car. I am not sure I dig the front view too much though.
  2. Very well built. Panel Gaps etc. are all first class
  3. I looked very closely inside - Rear seat is cramped. The test drivers were tall guys, but make no mistake this is a much smaller car than the Model S.
  4. No self-presenting handles, but the mechanism they have in lieu is pretty nice as well
  5. The dash is very minimalist - I loved it!
  6. The Bolt is toast. So is the BMW 3 series.
Overall - amped that this car is coming soon and I have a reservation.

For those folks who are on the fence before buying a Model S:
  1. I think that those who need a bigger car (I do, as I have 3 kids) go for the S - now.
  2. I think TESLA will add some more nice stuff to the S and increase the price point away from the 3.
  3. With the 1.49% financing, free supercharging, federal incentive (given how good the Model 3 is, they will burn through the 200K vehicle limit superfast)

Model 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great picture.

I have a few questions:

- Do you have a higher resolution photo by any chance? (that you could upload to a photo hosting site like imgur.com)
- Do you remember what number this car was?
- And did you talk at all with the tall test drivers? If so did you glean anything from them.

I do!! Will figure out imgur soon
No - did not check the number :-(
I did talk with the tall test drivers ... They were understandably nervous to talk, not much gleaned :)