TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model 3 sighting in Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by 3mp_kwh, Aug 9, 2017.

1. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

#1 3mp_kwh, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Not the Audi, but the 'deep blue' Model 3, in front. I know, "pics or it didn't happen". Just wish getting the cell phone out weren't so delayed. I was walking the sidewalk, and it breezed right past. Then, the double-take and noticing it had CA plates. Am I late, or has this been a rare thing on the Atlantic side?
    Model 3 sight1.jpg Model 3 sight2.jpg

Before getting too "forensic" on my photo skills, see how the rear trunk line descends most of the way to the bumper cover, and contrast between trunk and body.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

Jealous... can't wait for the day that I see one in real life. Going to make me wish I'd stood line at a store though :-(

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

They are rare anywhere except within 1/2 mile of the Freemont factory.
    Perhaps call the Prudential store and ask if they have one?

4. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

Prudential said it is on a tour, was in NY two days ago, and will not be headed to their showroom. The OA confirmed it was the first Model 3 "east of the Mississippi".

5. ravejads.tmc

ravejads.tmc Member

W00t! Well done.

Next time please do your civic duty and run at top speed down the street screaming "WAIT! STOP!" so that you can get a better pic ;)

• Like x 2
  6. ravejads.tmc

ravejads.tmc Member

I happened to be in the Dedham SC/showroom on Sunday and the salesman said they expect to get 2 or 3 test drive units this fall but that test drives may be restricted to existing reservation holders.

7. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Kind of funny that I've seen a Model 3 in a factory tour but can't recognize the one in the picture.
    Nor can I make out the CA plate.

Thanks for calling the store!

8. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

That's why I tried to insert a reference image, of where trunk lines meet the body. Whatever.

I tipped a corner worker at a Montreal F1 race once, to make it to the rail with a long lens. That time, I wasn't carrying lunch with my right hand. This wasn't my finest hour. I confess.