TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Sighting in Fort Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by KennyB-FLL, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. KennyB-FLL

KennyB-FLL Member

Fort Lauderdale, FL and Rehoboth Beach, DE
    Yesterday morning while walking to meet friends for brunch, I saw what seemed to be a car with the Model 3 front end approaching me. The closer it got, and after it went by, it WAS a Model 3! It was blue with the gray wheels. The tail end was the real thing. Anyone else seen this car around? Had I been driving, I would have followed him, but as I said, I was on foot. I was walking down Floranada Road in the Oakland Park suburb of Fort Lauderdale.

2. TrickyDimitri

TrickyDimitri Soon...very soon.

:D:D:D;););) That would have been super cool to see one live.

3. jonnyg

jonnyg Member

Interesting. Don't think anyone has seen a blue one yet as far as I know. Just the silver and matte black and red at the reveal, and the red one wasn't driveable.

4. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

pics or it didn't happen :)

• Like x 6
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

A "blue" Model 3? There was no blue 3 at the reveal. And it is hard to imagine why Tesla would have one of the small number of prototypes in Florida.

I'm sure you believe you saw a Model 3. But I would suggest you were simply mistaken. If you had taken a photo I would be more inclined to believe you.

Did it have manufacturer's plates on it?

6. TerribleOne923

I want to believe you!

7. EV-Bull

EV-Bull Member

I hope Tesla is testing out their cars in Florida's humid heat. Several people I know that are skeptical about EVs doubt whether they will hold up in this climate.

8. dandurston

dandurston Member

Refreshed Model S?

9. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

My guess is a Model X

• Like x 1
  10. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

If this were Tesla's intention, would they do it in April? ...... or in July/August?

11. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I guess the key question is whether or not the car in question had a moustache. If it was clean-shaven, then it's not an S or X or some other brand with a similar overall body shape.

12. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.12

13. EV-Bull

EV-Bull Member

All of the above?

14. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

I think I saw one too in the dunes of Pismo being driven by Elvis, with Bigfoot in the passenger seat and two green aliens in back. One had on a "Elon for President" shirt and the other was wearing an Instant Gratification monkey t-shirt. I pulled out my iPhone 7 to take a picture for proof but they saw me and took off in a plaid flash. I was pretty bummed out that I missed the photo opp but then I realized they all had drinks in their hands so clearly Tesla is NOT getting the message about drink holders in the sedans. Sigh....

• Funny x 2
  15. Muaddid

Muaddid Member

I want to believe you but in 2016 it's "pic or it didn't happen" ;)

Also I'd love to see the Model 3 in blue !

16. StraightDave

StraightDave Member

How do you think Tesla tests the cars? My friend works for GM and they do a lot of system testing in Arizona and California.

17. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

It was "present" in rendered form -- on a poster behind the 3 cars at the unveil.

Edit: Mea culpa. That was an X.

Model3Unveil_BlueBehind.png

18. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Word is that the refreshed Model S will be available to view/drive in Galleries starting today. So is it possible it was just a new S?