Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 sighting in Grand Junction, CO, 7/21/2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CBreaux

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2017
Grand Junction, CO
Robbie and I had been away from our home outside of Grand Junction, Colorado, for a few days, and were a bit low on miles in our Model X. We stopped at the SuperCharger at Mesa Mall late this afternoon to add a few miles while we got coffee at Starbucks, as it would be a while yet before we made it home to charge there. When we arrived, there was a covered vehicle charging there that was smaller than a Model S. We talked to the young man who was standing behind the car working on a laptop computer on the trunk. He said it was indeed a Model 3. He was doing highway testing. He had started a couple of days ago in Fremont and was planning to be in Denver tonight. We got a couple of photos of the covered car. When we returned, he was preparing to leave, so we took a few more photos of him uncovering the car and departing. It was a nice silver color with black or dark grey wheels. I did not want to be rude and try to get photos of the interior. You can see the photos we took in our Google Photos album here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ok7P2ypTyVi9H9h22
[John Sergeant, let me know, if you can, how I can share these with the broader Tesla community.]

I asked him if he missed having an instrument cluster in front of him behind the steering wheel. He said you quickly get used to not having one there, only the touchscreen tablet to the right. He noted that it was especially helpful at night not having the glare of the instrument cluster right in front of him, so he could concentrate on the road, and he felt his night vision was better. He was also quite excited about the 7/28 event where the first 30 production vehicles would be given out.

Before he left, we told him to give our regards to Elon when he got back to Fremont.

Chuck

Photo link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ok7P2ypTyVi9H9h22