Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sightings in New England

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
With a Model 3, multi coat red delivery reported today in Dedham by the Model3 Owners club I think its time for a thread for pictures and reports of Model 3 sightings in New England. This is the 2nd reported delivery I've heard of. Are there others?

Boston Area Model 3 Watch
model3.png

Reactions: Bokonon
With a Model 3, multi coat red delivery reported today in Dedham by the Model3 Owners club I think its time for a thread for pictures and reports of Model 3 sightings in New England. This is the 2nd reported delivery I've heard of. Are there others?

View attachment 264047

A post on Facebook by Ed Fanjoy of the New England Electric Auto Association said this red Model 3 was delivered to a Tesla Solar employee.

View attachment 264047
This is probably the same red Model 3 that was just in Manchester NH. The owner was gracious enough to offer test drives to Solar City employees.

Reactions: chjch
Thanks for the tip, @CarlSagan ! Your post resulted in my first-ever encounter with a Model 3!

I drove by Dedham on the way home today to find, much to my surprise, that all three Model 3s were still there! The midnight silver one had been moved, but the other two seemed to be in the same place. The red one was much more visible too (and had a good amount of salt on its wheels and lower body).

Like you, I didn't try to enter the lot and get a closer look (there were a few Tesla employees milling about), but it was great to finally see the Model 3 in person. Can't wait for mine!

20171214_161048.jpg

20171214_155635.jpg

20171214_161301.jpg

The aero wheels look goofy IMO but if it increases range I'm all for it, does anyone know how much they increase range?
/Ed

Both the EPA filings and Tesla's VP of engineering have estimated the difference at around 10%. Aerodynamics play a role, to be sure, but it's also worth noting there appears to be a non-trivial weight difference between the two. TSportline has weighed the 18" aero wheels at 21.6 pounds each without covers (or 23 pounds with covers), versus an estimated 29.5 lbs each for the 19" sport wheels.

All of that said, I completely agree that it's a looks-versus-range tradeoff. Here's an Instagram picture of a red Model 3 with sport wheels, taken at Dedham this morning. IMO it looks a lot better than the red one I saw yesterday.

25009155_1871799516181159_8699483148838240256_n.jpg

Instagram post by Lorenzo Geraci • Dec 15, 2017 at 1:26pm UTC