Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 size - more like an Accord or more like a Civic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6'5" and about 300 lbs. Besides a slightly narrow seat, the Model 3 is amazingly comfortable. I can almost move the seat back enough to not touch the end of the floor well with my feet.

I can sit behind myself in the backseat with my normal driving position with moderate comfort except the sloping roof glass is just a few inches low. The open cabin really makes it feel larger than it actually is.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
I just drove my mom to test drive the civic and accord in my model 3. The accord is super roomy. Rear leg room is ginormous even with the front seats set all the way back. The civic sedan is about the size of the model 3. I’m 6ft. A taller person would not find it comfortable sitting right behind me. The civic hatchback has the least room in the back. But if you only care about the drivers room, it’s more comparable to the accord.

• Helpful
Reactions: timeshifter
I've sat in many accord and civic's before. Some how Honda always feels more spacious inside from the past 20 years. So I'd say the Model 3 is closer to the interior size of a Civic. To get that spacious accord feel, you're going to have to get a model S =p
Our the model Y. Very spacious. I had a Toyota Camry, and the Y is roomier, and feels more spacious.

Here's my car next to a Model 3

model3vsaccordsize.jpg

http://infotime.com/images/model3vsaccordsize.png

posting link, also posted as inline image but forum wouldn't display that, don't know if I'm too new here or what.

Last edited:
Is the size of the Model 3 closer to that of a Honda Accord or is it more closely related to a Honda Civic? I'm currently driving a 2014 Accord Hybrid and I'm pretty satisfied with the size and interior space and comfort. The Model 3 seems to be a tiny bit smaller than the Accord to me. Haven't really ever had the opportunity to compare side by side.

Civics seem a little too small inside for me. Although both vehicles seem to get a little larger with each generation.
You can throw the cars into cars.com and compare. It seems like a mixed bag. As others mentioned, rear seat: headroom superior to Accord, hip room closer to Accord than Civic, leg/shoulder it loses to both. In front, head/leg room it wins over all three, hip/shoulder room it loses to both.

https://www.cars.com/research/compare/?acodes=USD10HOC021A0,USD10TSC031A0,USD10HOC011A0

As others mentioned, probably sitting in the real car is more telling, as raw numbers don't always tell the whole story on which car feels more spacious.