Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 slow Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done a few Calgary-Edmonton-Calgary trips lately but last night was the coldest. Saw -17C a few times.
Got to the Edmonton supercharger at 28% charge. Was expecting the usual ramp up to 120 kW but it struggled to even get 60 kW. After about half an hour at 63% I was down to 40 kW.

After three hours of highway driving and full regen I wasn't expecting any reduction in charging. Wish Tesla would show us battery temperature somewhere. All three different superchargers (Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton) gave me reduced power so think I can rule out supercharger hardware issues.

Anyone else seeing that?

Also, the Red Deer supercharger was iced. Some big show going on in the hotel. Bylaw came out but said they couldn't have any of the cars towed unless the property owner signed off on it. After about 15 minutes a fellow came out and asked me if I needed the spot!!! He just parked there to pick up his girlfriend. So I got lucky. Feel bad for the Edmonton-Calgary taxi services as they need those chargers in the winter.