Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Smart Pre-conditioning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if the Model 3 supports smart pre-conditioning or if there have been any discussions or rumors?

I've had a couple times this week I forgot to pre-heat my car manually at work and would have loved for it to have remembered my schedule and warmed it up on its own. I believe the MS still have this not sure if M3 ever got it.

Anyone know if the Model 3 supports smart pre-conditioning or if there have been any discussions or rumors?

I've had a couple times this week I forgot to pre-heat my car manually at work and would have loved for it to have remembered my schedule and warmed it up on its own. I believe the MS still have this not sure if M3 ever got it.

Totally agree. It should also try to optimize when and how fast to charge to increase efficiency.

But, before we get too much ahead of ourselves, I hope Tesla could support scheduling when to charge from the app in the very near future.

I’ve rigged up a semi-solution using Siri Shortcuts. I configured one that will wake up the car, grab the current temperature and then set a desired temp based on some threshold values. I have to run the shortcut manually unfortunately, but telling Siri to “Prepare for takeoff” each morning is kinda cool.
Pardon my ignorance, but can you do this all with just the Tesla app and Siri? Or is a third party app required? (like TeslaFi for example)
I would love to do something like this but have yet to mess with Siri shortcuts.
Also, would it be possible to add this on the widget screen versus talking to Siri? Would be great to be able to turn it on and not wake up my better half! :)

Reactions: 2012MS85
Pardon my ignorance, but can you do this all with just the Tesla app and Siri? Or is a third party app required? (like TeslaFi for example)
I would love to do something like this but have yet to mess with Siri shortcuts.
Also, would it be possible to add this on the widget screen versus talking to Siri? Would be great to be able to turn it on and not wake up my better half! :)

You actually only need Siri/Shortcuts. You can use the API directly, take a look at or download these ones to get an idea:

Tesla Shortcuts

I pretty much just pieced together various things from here to accomplish my goal