Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Smoked Headlight Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Unplugged Performance M3 smokes headlight covers?

I was thinking about purchasing them but I don’t want any glare and don’t want the headlights to look hazy when I have them on.

Regards

If you want them to look nice they have to be painted. The film on top looks cheap no matter what.

Is this what you mean by the film looking cheap? Actually painting looks cheap, as it’s impossible to get an even coat.

BTW, this is the RPM film.

8C8917CE-E816-46D2-AC31-F83A9873C386.jpeg

Is this what you mean by the film looking cheap? Actually painting looks cheap, as it’s impossible to get an even coat.

View attachment 453023

Yup, that looks pretty cheap to me. More purple than black, and looks pasted on not a factory finish. On a car this nice it would be MUCH more beneficial to paint which absolutely doesn't look cheap. Your car is painted and looks to have a pretty even coat.... wonder how they did that. Nah, must be impossible to get an "even coat" as you mentioned.

This is what a painted light looks like. Not cheap, looks OEM. Not like the sticker on your lights.

image-jpg.77500

Or if you're going to tint them, don't go more than a ~70% VLT (e.g. a few shades off clear). Unless you like getting tickets.

By "painting" i think he means airbrushing, which does give a totally even coat/hue and looks 10x better than film since it's airbrushed from the inside.

There are also films that look just as good as airbrush/OEM and are very durable. My taillights are wrapped with Oracal, 3 months in so far and they look the same as day 1.

15 (2).jpg

Any glare at night when driving? Personally like it but I want people to KNOW theres a Tesla behind them and distinguish the headlights (i.e. BMW angel eyes). I heard there’s glare with these covers and it blinds oncoming drivers...which idk how that happens.

View attachment 453023