Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 software issue “Steering assist reduced”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after having my model 3 for a few months i have run into my first glitch. Was driving down the road Friday morning when i got a notification followed by a call from the service center that my car would need to be brought in to be looked at. Apparently the car has a glitch in the steering that makes Ap unavailable, doesn’t affect anything else. Not sure if its 100% software or a hardware problem yet. The service center put me into a p85d until they figure out whats going on but apparently they are waiting for engineering to get back to them with a solution. So far they say there have been 2 instances of this happening on the latest update. Currently running 2019.8.5. The technician that i spoke with informed me that there have been a ton of issues with this particular update and that the common backup camera delay that I experienced as well should be patched in 2019.8.12 which is “supposed” to be out soon.

Attachments

• 3EEECF91-5E9D-4594-A6C9-2AE8F8AB83DF.jpeg
    3EEECF91-5E9D-4594-A6C9-2AE8F8AB83DF.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 158
I also had this error. They had to tow my car in. No loaner for me, just 300 bucks in Lyft credit and no updates from a technician 24 hours in so far. Hopefully this isn't a broader issue because mine was not drive able and left me stranded.