Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 software super-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was initially my belief as well (using the same logic), however, people have determined that Tesla actually increased the useable capacity on the RWD. Apparently, when they introduced the AWD it already had the larger useable capacity but was later increased on the RWD.

This thread (and Reddit reference) can explain much better than me.

3 LR RWD - 325 mile Test

Actually the person who "proved" the increase in capacity later showed that there in fact was no increase.

I think this was supposedly in 2019.8.5. I elected not to track it in the table because it's not something that can be easily or reliably verified. I very rarely drive at max power, so although it gives me a warm fuzzy to know (think) I have it, I couldn't objectively tell you whether I have it or not.

If the Release Notes mention the 5% increase (and they do), then it's official (regardless of subjective verification), and makes sense should be in the table.

I think this was supposedly in 2019.8.5. I elected not to track it in the table because it's not something that can be easily or reliably verified. I very rarely drive at max power, so although it gives me a warm fuzzy to know (think) I have it, I couldn't objectively tell you whether I have it or not.

Right, that was the 5% peak performance increase, right?

I thought they stated there was going to be an additional "high speed" performance increase as well?

Okay after reading this thread it seems like there needs to be some clarification that not every update has a new feature. Tesla goes like this:

YEAR.WEEK.VERSION
The number change in development week usually indicates new features. A new version of that week usually indicates bug fixes.

So 2019.12.1.1 and 12.1.2 probably won’t introduce a new feature, but doesn’t mean it never will.

Are software updates just luck of the draw? I have a 326XXX vin built March 2019 and am only on v2019.8.5

Bummer

While at the SC last month, a technician informed me that if you connect your car to the service centers wifi it will increase your chance of getting the update sooner. Though sceptical, I drove by there service center today and connected for about 30 seconds ( I was tired of waiting for 12.1 update) I Went home and within 3 hours the software update popped up. Coincidence maybe, but I feel it's worth a shot for others to test.

While at the SC last month, a technician informed me that if you connect your car to the service centers wifi it will increase your chance of getting the update sooner. Though sceptical, I drove by there service center today and connected for about 30 seconds ( I was tired of waiting for 12.1 update) I Went home and within 3 hours the software update popped up. Coincidence maybe, but I feel it's worth a shot for others to test.

Is their WiFi not password protected? Ha dumb question maybe.

Just got 12.1.2 overnight and here’s the release notes. It’s cool to see they are testing out red light detection. I wonder if the web browser improvement mentioned is a Chromium upgrade.

Attachments

• B1A46342-6316-43F2-BA7C-F6E1D7DD73BD.jpeg
    B1A46342-6316-43F2-BA7C-F6E1D7DD73BD.jpeg
    591.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 50DA28A2-0405-4884-A0D0-7A76FECE2256.jpeg
    50DA28A2-0405-4884-A0D0-7A76FECE2256.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 49
Trouble uploading multiple images. Here’s another shot.
Well that didn’t work. What the images showed are:
- NOA turn off confirmation
- supercharger 150kW
- increases top speed to 162MPH
- software updates can be viewed on the screen
- new Teslatari games 2048 and Super Breakout (sweet!)
- on-route battery warmup
- additional language support
- web browser improvement (which when I played around with it sure looked Chromium based, with embedded Google apps)
- TPMS reset option
- auto steer stop light warning.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno