Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 software super-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So EAP participants are allowed to use TeslaFi?

They're technically not supposed to. They should be unchecking the following box in their TeslaFi settings if they want to continue skirting the rules:

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 9.33.57 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman and Zoomit
1. Please let us know what you mean by "auto wiper NN."
2. No vehicles got a 5% range increase. RWD vehicles got a 5% increase in their software range estimate.

RWD Vehicles were getting about 5% more range than AWD Vehicles all along. The software range update merely started reflecting that on screen.

Reactions: cwmagui
1. Please let us know what you mean by "auto wiper NN."
This was the automatic wiper neural network update, which was to improve rain drop detection by the forward cameras.

RWD vehicles got a 5% increase in their software range estimate.
I think the evidence is that this has not happened for everyone. Other posts have indicated inconclusive results. I personally haven't seen any change in my typical 90% range number, which has been 280 mi +/-2, independent of the firmware version. I burn down to say 15% SOC and supercharge weekly. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm definitely still waiting on that feature.

So EAP participants are allowed to use TeslaFi?
Maybe I'll walk that back. I suppose all we know is that it was a limited release (44 cars on TeslaFi). Given the video demos that popped up for enhanced summon, maybe it wasn't under the Early Access Program?

2. No vehicles got a 5% range increase. RWD vehicles got a 5% increase in their software range estimate.
I think the evidence is that this has not happened for everyone. Other posts have indicated inconclusive results.

I'm sorry, I didn't make my point clearly enough. Your chart refers to cars getting a 5% range increase.

NO cars got a 5% range increase. NONE of them.

AWD and RWD both have the same range as always.

Wasn't the 5% an increase in power not range? I guess 310 * 5% is actually 325 which *is* the new range estimate on the Tesla LRRWDM3

Has anyone confirmed that 19.12.1 will actually V3 charge? Or that ALL V2 Superchargers will charge at faster than 120kW with this update or are we waiting for individual Superchargers to be updated too?

-Randy

Has anyone confirmed that 19.12.1 will actually V3 charge? Or that ALL V2 Superchargers will charge at faster than 120kW with this update or are we waiting for individual Superchargers to be updated too?
2019.12.1 provides up to 150 kW per the release notes in your wiki (Model 3 UI concerns, a wiki). For the "pictures-or-it-didn't-happen" folks, we have 138 kW demonstrated (Just got 12.1 update.). This is just a car-level upgrade, and isn't associated with the V3 supercharger hardware upgrade (which has liquid-cooled cables, no load-sharing on A/B pedestal, etc.). So in theory, we should be able to see this at all V2 non-urban superchargers as soon as we get the update.

I was just curious if people had actually done checking of the various V2s out there. Electrek stated that all V2s would charge at 150kW, but I hadn't seen it stated anywhere else and I was curious if they were right. I expected that at least someone, somewhere, with the update would be able to charge faster, just wanna know if it works everywhere immediately like Electrek said.

Still wanna know if it works at the Hawthorne V3, it certainly doesn't say so in the release notes.

-Randy

Hi all,

Of note, it may interesting to publish the build numbers as well. Europe builds are different to US'. Maybe from other areas as well (Middle East, Asia, Oceania?). In Europe, 2019.8.5 3aaa23d (my M3 AWDLR) does not have NOA and lane change is only manually initiated.

I can do so, if it is of interest. Generally (but not always), the dot loads don't add new features. Since these are showing <1% on TeslaFi, so I don't see anything particularly compelling about them.

+1 to indicate interest. I couldn’t find my firmware version on any charts and was really confused as to why Tesla would custom build a version just for my car, until @ammulder explained that the version I have is the latest HW3 version.

Thanks so much for the awesome work putting this table together and keeping it updated!

Yeah, I mean, it may not see much representation in TeslaFi because the HW3 cars are a pretty small part of the fleet. But my understanding is that those (7.102 and 7.105) are the ONLY firmware releases available for HW3 cars, so those owners might be pretty confused to go to the software super-thread/chart and not see any releases they're actually able to get. :)

And BTW, a question for those with 2019.6.x, 2019.12.x, etc, I read "Additional languages". Can anyone have a look and tell me which languages are those? Me being Portuguese, it annoys me not to have my language; would love to see it coming.

No Portuguese yet, here are the current languages:
  • German
  • English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • French (Canadian)
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Korean
  • Japanese
  • Simplified Chinese
  • Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
  • Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
The Navigation Language is only available in English, Spanish and French (Canadian).