Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you photoshop that lol?

LOL again, Powerpoint. (Glowing Ellipse saved as png with Transparency). People have no idea the power in ppt, it's quick. When things get tough, I switch to the Corel suite (a Canadian thing, EU as well).

Trivia... Remember MicroGraphics Designer in the 90's? That was bought by Corel (Draw was their thing), then they added Right Hemisphere inside the Suite (now SAP's Visual Enterprise for about 10x the cost). I used to do their tutorials.

I got the update last night. I do not have EAP, and do not notice anything different yet. I did start the dashcam again to see if corruption issue has been fixed but am not hopeful. I also need to check the web browser and see if it works more reliably.

Drive on Nav almost swerved me into the concrete median today while at a freeway intersection. I had to take control several times on my way to work. It also likes to tell me to change lanes for no apparent reason, and it likes to get behind semi trucks!?

When you do go to change lanes into the lane it is suggesting good luck getting over as it will often regen brake hard before moving over and by then the guy that thinks he is letting you over is like WTF, why is he not moving over, why did he just slow down.

Picture of the intersection. I also have dashcam footage. I was supposed to be getting over from the 163 to the 8, not taking Friars road exit (which you can do to get to the 8 which is why I almost let it before grabbing control).

Note that this is already a hard exit for a human driver most of the time because you have 3 lanes trying to get on to the freeway and a bunch of people trying to get off in a fairly short distance.
upload_2018-10-30_10-47-31.png

If someone here reading this was in the red model 3 that was next to me, now you know why I was driving crazy.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-30_10-41-49.png
    upload_2018-10-30_10-41-49.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • Funny
  • Love
Reactions: boaterva and Pkmmte
Some NoA issues in the last day:
  • (more an issue with the nav engine) Tesla nav likes to do stupid routing off highways. It wanted me to get off a highway exit and get right back on (twice in one trip), to seemingly save a couple minutes. This causes NoA to be insanely annoying. Navigation needs an option to prefer highway driving, which is easier than taking back roads or making multiple exits
  • NoA suggested lane change to go faster lane, I confirmed, it started to change then went back into my lane, twice because it saw shadows and thought they were cars?
  • another time, I confirmed a lane change and it started changing then went back to my current lane because the car in the other lane was getting too close. It then it started to speed up in my current lane with a car in front of me. I had to cancel AP because i thought it was getting VERY close to the car in front of me
Reported bugs for each of those. I'm glad that unconfirmed lane changes didn't make it to the public release - auto lane changes does NOT work well with high traffic since its confidence levels on changing lanes is not great and will swerve back into your current lane often

• Love
Reactions: boaterva and Pkmmte
Some NoA issues in the last day:
  • (more an issue with the nav engine) Tesla nav likes to do stupid routing off highways. It wanted me to get off a highway exit and get right back on (twice in one trip), to seemingly save a couple minutes. This causes NoA to be insanely annoying. Navigation needs an option to prefer highway driving, which is easier than taking back roads or making multiple exits
  • NoA suggested lane change to go faster lane, I confirmed, it started to change then went back into my lane, twice because it saw shadows and thought they were cars?
  • another time, I confirmed a lane change and it started changing then went back to my current lane because the car in the other lane was getting too close. It then it started to speed up in my current lane with a car in front of me. I had to cancel AP because i thought it was getting VERY close to the car in front of me
Reported bugs for each of those. I'm glad that unconfirmed lane changes didn't make it to the public release - auto lane changes does NOT work well with high traffic since its confidence levels on changing lanes is not great and will swerve back into your current lane often

I have mitigated some of the absurd rerouting choices by adjusting the amount of time saved in the nav settings to ten minutes or greater.

Anyone else have an update on this? Saw one post where they had a few stop/park sessions and it seemed better. Anyone with .42 still getting the gray "X"?

I haven't gotten a gray X yet. However, I haven't pulled the stick to see the contents either. One annoying thing that I'm still noticing is that the USB music often forgets to start up again and I have to manually go and point it to the music partition and pick a track. I have my music partition as the 2nd one. I'm thinking about flipping it around and see oif that makes a difference. Does anyone else have this issue?

I think I'm in the batch that's going to be "stuck" on 2018.40.1 for a while. This version is VERY "chatty" versus older versions, when I get home each day to WiFi. Since this version, my car uploads anywhere between 50MB-200MB a day in a single shot to known Tesla IPs for the past 5 days.

But you also don't need to look at, or interact with, the nav screen to turn on AP once you've selected "enable autopilot" in your settings.. Just double-tap the stalk near to the wheel.

Drive on Nav even after you enable it in your settings you need to enable it again, on every trip, by looking over at the screen and hitting the button....for...some reason.
You have to enable autosteer before you can activate AP so it's no different in that regard. To alleviate having to tap the screen maybe they should make it so that NAV on AP can be enabled by triple-tapping the stalk and of course quad-tapping enables **SPOILER** ;) more cowbell.

I haven't gotten a gray X yet. However, I haven't pulled the stick to see the contents either. One annoying thing that I'm still noticing is that the USB music often forgets to start up again and I have to manually go and point it to the music partition and pick a track. I have my music partition as the 2nd one. I'm thinking about flipping it around and see oif that makes a difference. Does anyone else have this issue?
I wonder if the music selection is tied to the driver profile, like in my Dodge truck. My car doesn't resume playing the same channel after park. However, I don't recall any options other than seat and steering wheel settings on Driver Profile.