Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not taken out. I had the same issue, but after calling Tesla, I realized the cameras have to calibrate to enable it. I had to drive 60 miles and use auto steer and the vehicle reset on its own while driving and navigate on autopilot became available. It was like playing a video game.

I drove 20 miles today and calibration is still stuck at 96%, been using autopilot and auto steer. Will try again tomorrow to see if the calibration will be complete for me to use NOA.

Reactions: Robert831
Short term update. Have had my TeslaCam USB Thumbdrive in the car for about 24 hours with at least 4 stop/park/restarts and have not seen the gray "x" of doom yet. Hopefully this update did fix that issue!

Better but not fixed. Did not get the gray "x" of doom but the last file for each drive was zero k. Oh and no REC files which I always used to get.
I am not bothering to stop/park/restart except when removing the USB thumbdrive since I will certainly forget that step and the software should address that anyway.

Where are you all seeing this calibration percentage? I only got 2018.42.2 last night and haven’t seen anything on my display about any calibration. But I also only drove about 20 miles on just local roads today and didn’t get a chance to try out autopilot on nav yet.

Where are you all seeing this calibration percentage? I only got 2018.42.2 last night and haven’t seen anything on my display about any calibration. But I also only drove about 20 miles on just local roads today and didn’t get a chance to try out autopilot on nav yet.

It's under the "Autopilot" option in the settings panel

IMG_4704.jpg

I drove 20 miles today and calibration is still stuck at 96%, been using autopilot and auto steer. Will try again tomorrow to see if the calibration will be complete for me to use NOA.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. After the upgrade to 42.2, my car said the camera calibration was at 92%. After driving a while it got to 97%. Then it went back down to 96%. Now it keeps going back and forth between 96 and 97. Hopefully that's just a Microsoft-style progress indicator, and eventually it will start working. I was beginning to fear I have a bad camera.

I received 42.2 on Monday night. I have an issue with the web browser that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. The touchscreen input areas seem to be off. For example, if I try to hit the back button it reads that as the 'X' and closes the browser. I hope it's a bug and not an issue with my touchscreen, but I haven't noticed problems anywhere else in the UI.

im still stuck at 39.7...

Ditto - I think the fact that it gets tweeted 'rolling out to north america' blah blah just makes it worse if they can't actually push it out faster - I mean there's a bazillion iPhones out there and they get updated faster; I can tell just in my household.

Just asking not to rub it in my face by telling me it's coming when it's kinda sorta coming someday.. my car is on WiFi every night so it's not that..

#firstworldproblem

Reactions: ConcordeSST
This morning decent rain. Enough for me to turn off auto and keep on manual wiper. Got poor weather detected NOA limited warning. Just for fun decided to be a little late for work and see if it would miss the exits. Would not take two of them. Interesting that AP stayed on. So enough for AP to stay on, but not for NOA. Cleaned my cameras this morning before leaving. Wonder if this is going to be an issue keeping those lenses clean. Maybe something like a rainX to keep the water rolling off......??
20181101_100835.jpg