Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I go on vacation for a week and no one else bothers to make a thread for the new version? (I only did a quick search and didn’t find one, so maybe I missed it if it does exist)

Anyway, according to TeslaFi 2018.44.1 has started pushing to a few Model 3’s. This version restores the capability that existed prior to version 9 which allows you to split or combine the air flow from the vents. It also makes it impossible to turn mobile access off without providing your Tesla account username and password. This should make stealing any Tesla vehicle all the more difficult. A successful car thief would probably have to physically remove the SIM card to disable mobile access now. A few more details can be found in this Electrek article: Tesla releases Model 3 software update with new climate controls, anti-theft feature, and more

Edit: This update also enables Summon for Model 3’s in Canada.

Last edited:
Does it fix the wiggly and drunken vehicles on my display? I was hoping it was just a calibration thing after the 39 patch (which should have been more accurate), but here we are and I still see vehicles sliding across lanes (and through my car). I'm hoping one of these new patches will address it.

At this point, I would assume it was just me but videos on the web convince me otherwise. I swear this was a lot more stable before 39.

Reactions: davedavedave
Does it fix the wiggly and drunken vehicles on my display? I was hoping it was just a calibration thing after the 39 patch (which should have been more accurate), but here we are and I still see vehicles sliding across lanes (and through my car). I'm hoping one of these new patches will address it.

At this point, I would assume it was just me but videos on the web convince me otherwise. I swear this was a lot more stable before 39.
I kinda like the wiggly drunken vehicles. It makes my car look sober. lol

I ignore them, except for the first time ... when I saw what I thought was a car in the other lane driving into the side of my car ... :D

It still throws me, even though I know they're "ghosts". Its also a little embarrassing when showing the uninitiated Tesla tech for the first time. It always comes up as a question and the answer of "well, it worked great before the last major patch - its a software issue". More embarrassing is when the person asks what the changes in the patch did and I have to respond "turned on all the cameras to increase accuracy and visibility". :oops: